Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Energy Savings Trust loan for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my car on Monday, noticed a paint smudge and tiny bubbling paint.

i collected mine on Saturday. I noticed a scratch on the drivers side passenger window, misaligned bonnet, dirt and sticky residue on the drivers door card, which I had to clean by helping myself to Tesla’s tub of wipes, adhesive still on parts of the chrome, and a paint run on the rear bumper at the wheel arch. My dad is a retired spray painter, he said it’s common for the bumper to have a paint run as they are usual hung on end when sprayed, but it should’ve been flattened.

I will say that most of these issues are very minor, it was only after my wife noticed the paint run that we started to spot the rest of the issues.

On the plus side, EST emailed today to say my loan has been issued for payment.

Reactions: DaddyCool
i collected mine on Saturday. I noticed a scratch on the drivers side passenger window, misaligned bonnet, dirt and sticky residue on the drivers door card, which I had to clean by helping myself to Tesla’s tub of wipes, adhesive still on parts of the chrome, and a paint run on the rear bumper at the wheel arch. My dad is a retired spray painter, he said it’s common for the bumper to have a paint run as they are usual hung on end when sprayed, but it should’ve been flattened.

I will say that most of these issues are very minor, it was only after my wife noticed the paint run that we started to spot the rest of the issues.

On the plus side, EST emailed today to say my loan has been issued for payment.
You'll be impressed with Graham if you need a home/work Ranger visit (liked how well his Model S is fitted out) - I hope they look after him!

2D9122A4-111E-4579-BFCD-9FC6C16E8AEF.jpeg

HAPPY BOY AT LAST

This isn't on the EST website yet (or I can't find it), but as I was in the process of applying, they told me by email this afternoon that the interest free new EV car loan limit is about to drop from £35k to £28k, as of Tuesday 27 October 2020.

Just as well I had almost all my electronic paperwork ready for the online application... after the excitement of the model refresh, if anyone is still dithering over going for a Tesla Model 3 with the Energy Saving Trust's interest free loan, now might be time to make your mind up and get your application in on Monday!

Last edited: