Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Anti-theft add-on from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wonder what this sensor looks like? I wonder if someone can get their hands on the install guide for it.
Here's what the EU version looks like.
security_intrusion_thingy.jpg

Did you get your car back yet? :D

Got it. Looks just like how the image is above. I'm still running 2018.44, so they didn't upgrade me to the newer 46.2. I guess they always had support for this because of the Euro spec cars came with it all along. It's just a matter of coding it on their system to activate the new menu option under the "Safety & Security".

Note: Ignore the 105km/h. I was playing with my settings and accidentally turned on KM vs Miles...

The most important part is if you plan to keep dogs or your family in the car and you lock and leave, then turn off the tilt/intrusion, otherwise it will set it off when they move. It does turn itself back on according to the latest 2018.44 manual.

Also: They did not disconnected by Blackvue, and it was still powered, and I did take a call, and there was no difference in the "voice" (aka PSTN) audio quality according to the other party on the call. I'll try a Facetime Audio call tomorrow morning to the way to work. I normally try to do all my calls using Facetime Audio and never the old legacy PSTN (where possible that is).

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 6.00.32 PM.png
IMG_4462.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: f-stop and JohnnyG
Thanks for posting that detailed description and photos. I was concerned that the replacement part would need the power plug that my Blackvue is currently connected to. Is your Blackvue powered by plugging it into that open power port behind the grill, or was it hardwired?

Got it. Looks just like how the image is above. I'm still running 2018.44, so they didn't upgrade me to the newer 46.2. I guess they always had support for this because of the Euro spec cars came with it all along. It's just a matter of coding it on their system to activate the new menu option under the "Safety & Security".

Note: Ignore the 105km/h. I was playing with my settings and accidentally turned on KM vs Miles...

The most important part is if you plan to keep dogs or your family in the car and you lock and leave, then turn off the tilt/intrusion, otherwise it will set it off when they move. It does turn itself back on according to the latest 2018.44 manual.

Also: They did not disconnected by Blackvue, and it was still powered, and I did take a call, and there was no difference in the "voice" (aka PSTN) audio quality according to the other party on the call. I'll try a Facetime Audio call tomorrow morning to the way to work. I normally try to do all my calls using Facetime Audio and never the old legacy PSTN (where possible that is).

View attachment 357683 View attachment 357680

Thanks for posting that detailed description and photos. I was concerned that the replacement part would need the power plug that my Blackvue is currently connected to. Is your Blackvue powered by plugging it into that open power port behind the grill, or was it hardwired?

I just tapped into the actual 12v cable up there, but I think the actual connector is used by the new Anti-Theft system. I didn't open it up yet to look inside.

Are there warning signs/decals provided with the upgrade? The original announcement mentioned something about these. If so, what do they say?

They include two clear plastic stickers in the package, and each one is placed on the rear quarter window where all of the smash and grabs are occurring from. It's as generic and non-branded as it comes.

I have a pretty dark crystalline tint on all my windows, and you can still see the sticker through it.

My Model X will be scheduled for next Tuesday. Ranger will be doing that one, no service appointment required.
IMG_4060.jpg

So if you have a Blackvue plugged into the "spare" power outlet in the microphone grill area, can they still install the security package leaving power to the Blackvue intact?

The need the connector, so if you have something plugged into the connector they will remove it. I had the blackvue connected to the 12v cable going into that connector, so the connector was not used.

PhilDavid, I don't think you are going to see an explanation of procedures or policy from Telsa about third party products. Naturally Tesla is going to use the connector in the car for a device they add for you. And they are not going to rig a splitter for anyone just as they will not install the third party device or hook it up/back up. However, they are not going to tell you that you can't add a splitter after they are done. They simply won't support it but they are not going to tell you that you can't put it on the car. Its not their place - its your car.

PhilDavid, I don't think you are going to see an explanation of procedures or policy from Telsa about third party products. Naturally Tesla is going to use the connector in the car for a device they add for you. And they are not going to rig a splitter for anyone just as they will not install the third party device or hook it up/back up. However, they are not going to tell you that you can't add a splitter after they are done. They simply won't support it but they are not going to tell you that you can't put it on the car. Its not their place - its your car.

More to the point, I'm not that concerned with their policy is but I want to continue to be able to draw power for my dashcam from where it current gets power near the microphone area. Can someone explain how easy it is to have a splitter so that the security option can be added while retaining power to the dash cam without extra wiring issues?

I assume the security option uses very little power?

The need the connector, so if you have something plugged into the connector they will remove it. I had the blackvue connected to the 12v cable going into that connector, so the connector was not used.

This will be an important issue for folks installing third-party or non-original upgrades. I have a 4-channel Blackvue 750 setup, which uses T-Tap connectors, which snap over the 12V wiring, penetrating the insulation to provide a connection (a "vampire tap," which leaves the cable and its connector otherwise intact). I am also preparing to install the new sun visors, which include LED-illuminated vanity mirrors, and hope to tap into the same power source for those. I'd like to get the Enhanced Anti-Theft Upgrade as well, which would plug into the connector, leaving me with three systems running off of the same power source. I am hopeful that the Service Center would choose to tolerate/overlook the use of T-Taps for the dashcam and visors. The concern then shifts to the wiring and fuse for this circuit, to ensure that the installed systems are not drawing too much current.

Last edited:
Reactions: Akikiki