Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Anti-theft add-on from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt very much that it is guaranteed that a particular vehicle is constructed within one day, and I'm not certain as to how Tesla defines the official date of manufacture, but I do know that during a mobile service visit, the technician plugged his laptop into the diagnostic port of my Model S (accessed by popping out the plastic tray that sits at the bottom of the MCU), and that one of the many pieces of information displayed was the car's "birthday" (their language), right down to the second. Perhaps your service center has this on record somewhere, or can access it online?

• Informative
Reactions: JohnnyG
As mentioned above, rear quarter panel window break-ins are rampant in the SF bay area. This will obviously not prevent a thief from breaking the window but does anyone know (or want to speculate) whether this will sound the alarm if they do?

Dash cams are okay but how often are people caught even when captured on video? This may at least gives us a chance to react quickly, especially if we are notified via the app.
Good thieves are in and out in 30 seconds or less - by the time you glance at your phone notification, they are done and gone. Even if you see a thief stick around for a minute or two, what would you do, confront the thief yourself?

For completeness I just took 2 photos

383B9B5A-1F97-4EC2-A572-86E8516E61A7.jpeg
CD0786A9-DD08-4943-829B-F663F934B654.jpeg

For completeness I just took 2 photos

View attachment 355049 View attachment 355050

Are these pictures from a euro spec Tesla or a US spec Tesla with the new Enhanced Theft option?

The reason I ask is that I dropped off my Model S to get it install today (my installation was setup for today). They showed me the box that it came in which was assigned directly to my Model S VIN. I took a quick glance inside the package, and there was only thing, a brand new Microphone mesh screen (same black color as I have now). In fact I removed it from the bubble wrap and it actually looked exactly the same, from the outside, but felt heavier. There was nothing difference about the external visuals.

I'll report more once I get my Model S back from the service center. Attached, you'll find a picture of the actual box that it was shipped in for them to install.

IMG_1327.jpg

Just curious, when did you order it? I placed my order 2 weeks ago and still nothing from Tesla. BTW, the black one has been sold out for sometime already.

I ordered it as soon as I saw it by accident on their SHOP site for both my Model S and Model X. It was the early morning around of November 13th. On November 17, I received two text messages from Tesla directly, indicating that both the Model S and Model X versions have arrived at the service center of my choosing. I immediately booked my Model S one, and I'll book the wife's Model X in January with the other service items that she wants me to have taken care of. I hear they quickly sold out a few times already.

Both my Model S and Model X ones are of the black color.