Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced AutoPilot changed to AutoPilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to my Tesla Account to download the new Owner’s Manual. I noticed that under my Vehicle Details that my Enhanced AutoPilot has been changed to AutoPilot.

Anyone else?

It still says Enhanced AutoPilot on my MVPA and I would think that is what counts for insurance or resale purposes.

it's my understanding that enhanced auto pilot doesn't technically exist any more. all cars are sold with "AP" now and to get anything more, you have to splurge on FSD.

Tesla.com said:
Autopilot Included
  • Enables your car to steer, accelerate and brake automatically for other vehicles and pedestrians within its lane.
Tesla.com said:
Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Navigate on Autopilot: automatic driving from highway on-ramp to off-ramp including interchanges and overtaking slower cars.
  • Auto Lane Change: automatic lane changes while driving on the highway.
  • Autopark: both parallel and perpendicular spaces.
  • Summon: your parked car will come find you anywhere in a parking lot. Really.
Coming later this year:
  • Recognize and respond to traffic lights and stop signs.
  • Automatic driving on city streets.

it's my understanding that enhanced auto pilot doesn't technically exist any more. all cars are sold with "AP" now and to get anything more, you have to splurge on FSD.

Correct but EAP has features that arent in the current base AP. If OP paid for EAP then Tesla just removed a paid feature. There was a post a few days back where Tesla caught up with a guy who had EAP even though he never paid for it but it was on his Maroney.

Did you buy EAP with the car OP?

Contact Tesla so they can correct the error in your account. I assume your car still has all the EAP features (I also have a 2018 Model 3 with EAP and do not have the issue you describe).
I went to my Tesla Account to download the new Owner’s Manual. I noticed that under my Vehicle Details that my Enhanced AutoPilot has been changed to AutoPilot.

Anyone else?

It still says Enhanced AutoPilot on my MVPA and I would think that is what counts for insurance or resale purposes.

Reactions: jdcollins5

Anyone else?

I just checked seconds ago. My web page still says "Enhanced Autopilot".

Correct but EAP has features that arent in the current base AP. If OP paid for EAP then Tesla just removed a paid feature. There was a post a few days back where Tesla caught up with a guy who had EAP even though he never paid for it but it was on his Maroney.

Did you buy EAP with the car OP?

Yes I bought EAP with the car. It is documented on my MVPA as I stated.

I still have EAP, so not something Tesla is doing on purpose.

Do you still have NoaP? If so may just be a website error.

You weren't on a trial were you? Did you buy your car 30 days ago?

I bought EAP with the car and it still shows on MVPA. Please read the original post.

I still have all of the EAP features including NoA, Smart Summon, etc. It appears to just be a website issue.

I have EAP on a 8.2018 build and I have not seen anything differences in other who bought FSD. I still get everything in terms of "Autopilot" including summons and all the stuff. Go figure... wording changes but feature still adds up to what I paid for.....for now at least. We will soon have a thread complaining once FSD is released; year 2030. lol

As a followup to my original post:

After emailing Customer Service I received a response that my request, for changing Auto Pilot back to Enhanced Auto Pilot, had been forwarded to the Account Team. After two weeks of no change and no response to requests for status updates, I contacted the Chat line. The Chat person immediately gave me the Customer Support phone number. I explained that I had tried numerous times but the Hold time was always to long. He told me that Customer Support would need to get involved since it was a change to a Customer’s Account. Even though someone at Tesla changed my account without my knowledge,

I called Customer Support and actually was connected to a person after a short wait. The guy tried to explain that Tesla was dropping the Enhanced Auto Pilot description due to the confusion with AP, EAP and FSD. I told him I could understand on new accounts but not on existing EAP accounts due to pricing level differences between AP->FSD and EAP->FSD. He finally told me that he would pass my feedback up the line.

When Tesla announced the new subscription for Premium Connectivity I checked my account. Surprisingly my details now show Enhanced Auto Pilot again! Yay!! One circle after the other but it is finally back to EAP.

It also shows Premium Connectivity as annual subscription beginning in January 2020. I ordered my car in Sept 2018.

We bought EAP at the time I ordered my car and my Details page has had it listed as such until I ordered FSD. I noticed at that point that EAP went to just AP.

I do not understand this. You paid $5000 for EAP and then $4000 (?) for FSD. It seems to me that both should show on your detail page. At the very least the EAP should remain.

I realize this is a moot point when you sell the car since software is not transferable from what I understand. But from an insurance standpoint I think this will be helpful in getting a fair replacement cost if your car is totaled.

I realize this is a moot point when you sell the car since software is not transferable from what I understand.
When you sell your car, whatever you have listed in the MVPA (be it EAP, AP, or FSD), indeed transfers over to the new owner. Now, I’m not sure what happens to a leased vehicle but I’m thinking that these features don’t transfer over to someone who purchased a lease turn in.

When you sell your car, whatever you have listed in the MVPA (be it EAP, AP, or FSD), indeed transfers over to the new owner. Now, I’m not sure what happens to a leased vehicle but I’m thinking that these features don’t transfer over to someone who purchased a lease turn in.

Can you point me to documentation that states that software transfers? I have read multiple posts that say that after a certain date that software no longer transfers.

Actually I believe Tesla will in fact kill EAP entirely but they will have to do it by giving FSD to all of us that paid for EAP. It's a huge pain for them to maintain that extra version in between AP and FSD and many EAP owners will not ever pay for FSD. Just taking care of the OP here cost Tesla hundreds of dollars. Doing this will cause some consternation among those that paid for FSD but Tesla has shown they are OK with that.

Can you point me to documentation that states that software transfers? I have read multiple posts that say that after a certain date that software no longer transfers.

Can you cite some of these posts?

EAP and FSD are paid options that are part of the vehicle. They stay with the vehicle if you sell it private party.

(obviously if you trade it into tesla they can reconfigure it however they wish before resale)

The things that don't transfer to new owners are services the owners got for free by buying before a certain date (free premium data for example- which lasts the life of the cars ownership if you bought it before June 30 2018 but doesn't transfer to new owners... or the 2nd generation of free unlimited supercharging that is also only for the life of the first buyers ownership of the car)

Actually I believe Tesla will in fact kill EAP entirely but they will have to do it by giving FSD to all of us that paid for EAP. It's a huge pain for them to maintain that extra version in between AP and FSD and many EAP owners will not ever pay for FSD. Just taking care of the OP here cost Tesla hundreds of dollars. Doing this will cause some consternation among those that paid for FSD but Tesla has shown they are OK with that.

EAP is feature complete at this point.

Once they're ready to roll HW3 folks to the FSD code they'll simply stop improving HW2.x car software at all since they're already delivered everything promised for the price (as far as EAP functions are concerned, I imagine other media computer features will keep being updates since that's the same across all MCU2 vehicles)

No need to keep maintaining extra versions of anything other than if they find a major bug in the future- kinda like when they stopped improving AP1... (though they had somewhat less choice in that matter).

Reactions: C141medic