Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Autopilot - Extra Costs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting point wannebeowner regarding winter wheels and the potential BIK implications. I have decided on using the standard Alloys for winter once the original tyres have worn and replace them with a winter set and have my eye on purchasing after delivery (march) a set of 22,s for summer use which makes BIK less of a potential issue ( I hope)!!

AP was a Dilema , like you Culverwood I nearly went with adding after delivery but with the upgrade in cost for adding later and the potential for a price rise then the loss of the 100% tax relief in the first year the maths seem to edge towards biting the bullet and buying on order......difficult choice all the same.

Also my plan is to purchase the car from my business after 12 months which obviously avoids BIK but also still gives the company the full benefit of the tax relief in the first year and for me a fairly attractive deal!!

Also my plan is to purchase the car from my business after 12 months which obviously avoids BIK but also still gives the company the full benefit of the tax relief in the first year and for me a fairly attractive deal!!

Have you financed the car or bought with cash? Will more tax be incurred if you buy it off the company (i.e. taxable benefit)?

my plan is to purchase the car from my business after 12 months

My plan is to do that when the BIK taper relief ends (that may be soon ... its a while since I ordered mine and checked up on such things :)

Will more tax be incurred if you buy it off the company

When we have transferred a car (owned outright, or lease paid off in full by company immediately prior to "sale") we have got a quote from WeBuyAnyCar and used that as "fair market price" ... can shop around for lowest "real" price of course.

15 k deposit the rest on traditional HP

I (well, "The Company") paid cash.I figured there were snags (penalty clauses) taking over an HP contract - business probably has to pay it off in full, and then Individual take out a new one. (Not to mention any BIK on taking over the HP/Lease). But I may be talking out of my wrong end!

how long I wonder will that last??

BIK is increasing (as it is for other, polluting, vehicles) and will [double to then] match the lowest petrol pollution models in a few years time. Still a decent incentive in the meantime.

I don't think there is any word yet on 100% first year tax relief being changed.

There was some talk of allowing BEVs to drive in Bus Lanes, dunno if that happened?

I pay £10 p.a. for exemption from London Congestion Charge ... haven't driven into London yet though (nor have I used my UMC let alone the CHAdeMO adaptor either ... time enough!)

BIK is increasing (as it is for other, polluting, vehicles) and will [double to then] match the lowest petrol pollution models in a few years time. Still a decent incentive in the meantime.

I don't think there is any word yet on 100% first year tax relief being changed.

There was some talk of allowing BEVs to drive in Bus Lanes, dunno if that happened?

I pay £10 p.a. for exemption from London Congestion Charge ... haven't driven into London yet though (nor have I used my UMC let alone the CHAdeMO adaptor either ... time enough!)

I agree BIK will be increasing narrowing the gap between the S and a similar price ICE car for me a monthly saving of £517 in 16-17, £473 in 17-18, £386 in 18-19 to £321 per month in 19-20, still a decent sum.

The "we buy any car" quote is what we use to to value the car but does the 50% of value buyback at 36 month apply only to leased cars? If it does not that provides a floor price it would be difficult to justify dropping below.

does the 50% of value buyback at 36 month apply only to leased cars

is that Tesla's guaranteed buyback? I think that's been discontinued. If nothing else, it would "force" the secondhand price (people with that option would sell to Tesla, so other people wanting to buy would have to offer at least that), and thus presumably WeBuyAnyCar price would reflect that. Either way, AFAIAC, the cheapest "credible" price offered will do for the purposes of establishing a second hand value. Throw all the others away ... :)

Reactions: culverwood
is that Tesla's guaranteed buyback? I think that's been discontinued. If nothing else, it would "force" the secondhand price (people with that option would sell to Tesla, so other people wanting to buy would have to offer at least that), and thus presumably WeBuyAnyCar price would reflect that. Either way, AFAIAC, the cheapest "credible" price offered will do for the purposes of establishing a second hand value. Throw all the others away ... :)

We got our Vin 6/10/16 and upgraded Autopilot. I have the same thinking regarding max upgrade as buying through my company the tax write off is favourable. Still in production line awaiting production. ED 12/16 - 01/17

seems lots of very early confirmations (mid june) still have not got VINS but others with July confirmations have theirs

is this Model X's? My guess (based on their past performance when a new model came out) is that Tesla are shipping high-spec models first. That said, we are past the point where the MS is "new" - but maybe it applies to right-hand-drive models?

Eventually I opted for autopilot at a cost of £2200 to secure self parking, auto overtaking by clicking indicator and adaptive cruise. Now that there are the new versions of autopilot does my £2200 still buy those features?

Last month I was getting annoyed that my VIN had not been issued but hearing of further Model X improvements and a 100D version , I am quite happy to wait

Eventually I opted for autopilot at a cost of £2200 to secure self parking, auto overtaking by clicking indicator and adaptive cruise. Now that there are the new versions of autopilot does my £2200 still buy those features?

Yes, you still get the same features. But there are two levels higher that you can upgrade to that activate more hardware and give you more features.

BTW: There is no "auto overtaking by clicking indicator" feature. There is a lane change feature by using the turn signal indicator, but it won't speed up, pass, and then change back to the original lane which is what your description makes it sound like. (Really the only reason for this feature is to prevent having to disengage and reengage AP when you change lanes/pass someone you still have to make sure it is clear to change lanes before activating the turn signal.)