Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here it is, in French though, sorry.
I am not dropping about 10k for the combo neither 4k for the basic.
Also, it might seem strange but, i really like the basic cruise control, it keeps perfectly the chosen speed and it is very easy to set and adjust.
Now if I would buy the basic AP, I won't have the option to use it anymore, and I don't want to worry about the car braking when I don't want to.

$4000.00 for AP would be a pass for me. Not sure why Tesla thinks semi working BETA software is worth anywhere near those prices.

Here it is, in French though, sorry.
I am not dropping about 10k for the combo neither 4k for the basic.
Also, it might seem strange but, i really like the basic cruise control, it keeps perfectly the chosen speed and it is very easy to set and adjust.
Now if I would buy the basic AP, I won't have the option to use it anymore, and I don't want to worry about the car braking when I don't want to.
Thanks for the screenshot! Wow 4k for basic AP is crazy. Guess I should be happy that I "only" paid $2600 when there was that short window.

p.s. no need to be apologetic about the screen cap in francais. We are in Canada:)

Reactions: cdswm3 and duanra
Their pricing makes no sense.
$4000 for AP
$5300 for EAP

So shouldn't cars that already have AP, pay $1300 for EAP?

I think you have to fully purchase AP for $4,000 and then spend an additional $5.300 for EAP for a total of $9,300. don't say it, don't say it...I'll say it for you. That sucks!

Seems early adopters pay the most (a tax for the early privilege and enjoyment, lol). My LR RWD after buying basic AP is about the same price as an LR AWD today.

If memory serves me correctly, the price of the car went up to account for AP being standard. Or am I remembering things wrongly?
Absolutely correct. Right at the time they added "free" basic AP they bumped the price up by the same amount. However, if you compare price today vs when the 3 first came out it still much more expensive before. For example, a Performance listed for around $85k w/o AP. It is now $75k with basic AP.

Reactions: cdswm3
Absolutely correct. Right at the time they added "free" basic AP they bumped the price up by the same amount. However, if you compare price today vs when the 3 first came out it still much more expensive before. For example, a Performance listed for around $85k w/o AP. It is now $75k with basic AP.

I suspect it will be 10K less in 2 years from now. Prices will continue to fall as battery cost drop.

• Disagree
Reactions: Murky-Article
5BC21A7B-2DBB-4676-BFBC-F91A1137A12E.jpeg 6F7D257C-D2E9-41D7-925F-9D62520F628A.jpeg The option to upgrade to EAP is no longer available in the app. Might be an app issue as the Service option is down. MY here.

Didn't Elon once say that he was concerned about FSD affordability? lol. At the trajectory of FSD price increases, by the time Tesla releases their planned $25,000 car, FSD could add 50% to the cost. If you are buying a $200k Plaid S, the FSD price is peanuts but on a $25k car, it is massive.