Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon coming (Elon tweet 6 Apr, 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, not a parking lot environment, with lines to help it navigate, so I can’t be too critical about it driving in the grass. That said, the video didn’t inspire much Enhanced Summon confidence in me...

Agreed! I'm not critical of it driving on grass either. I just thought it was a funny video to share as it was indeed driving on the "right" side of the road :)

Does anyone know what exactly Advanced/Enhanced Summon is capable of doing or not doing? I have seen some videos where it cuts through parking lot lines, drives a bit too far on the left side of the lane, and drives through stop signs without stopping. When released, is it supposed to understand lines, arrows marked on one-way lanes, stop signs, etc.?

When released, is it supposed to understand lines, arrows marked on one-way lanes, stop signs, etc.?

In most states, you aren’t required to obey traffic signs on private property, from what I understand. So my assumption would be that there would not be a high bar on that one. As far as I can tell so far, it ignores lines if there aren’t any cars around. Who knows. Maybe different versions do different things.

OLD. 2019.28!!!

NOT 2019.32!!!

684E3382-FFE5-45C3-BF7C-986E5F7B96B6.png

In most states, you aren’t required to obey traffic signs on private property, from what I understand. So my assumption would be that there would not be a high bar on that one. As far as I can tell so far, it ignores lines if there aren’t any cars around. Who knows. Maybe different versions do different things.

Thanks. That's Interesting. I didn't know about the private property traffic law rule. I googled after seeing your answer and found this regarding CA. ASK A COP: Can I Get Arrested For Ignoring Traffic Signs in a Mall Parking Lot?

Does anyone know what exactly Advanced/Enhanced Summon is capable of doing or not doing?

Absolutely! "Enhanced Summon" is VERY capable of creating endless uninformed speculation and debate on the TMC forum as to the usefulness, functionality, and limitations of a feature that has not been released yet. :p