Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon, where are you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...Based on the email that went out to EAP owners today, one could reasonably conclude they're not going to provide Enhanced Summon to EAP owners. (Though I suspect that will not actually be the case, that's the way the email reads if you take it literally!) So maybe it's just too hard with HW 2.5!

I've seen enhanced summon on HW2.5 cars so it seems they are still trying. It does meet the "still sucks" criteria though. Lots of pauses with lock to lock steering changes. Goes 4 MPH. Misses the push pin placement by 20 feet or so. It does follow the owner like a dog though if one uses that mode.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
Yeah. "Will". Future tense.

Again, as several have stated, this is misleading customers - never a good approach, long term (once customers catch on), but it does generate high margin "sales" in the near term. Publicly traded companies tend to have a self-destructive "quarter to quarter" outlook...

Having two lists for FSD ("later this year," and whatever the first grouping represents), along with that cleverly worded "... Really" line in the first group, appears to be an intentional act by someone at Tesla (to mislead customers).

Reactions: Matias and croman
So far Tesla and Musk have gotten away with the wild over promising/under delivering. I don't see any loss of reputation in the general public yet. It may be a bit dangerous for Tesla, but if they can play this long enough to become comfortably profitable, they may be able to recover any lost reputation, if needed, at that point.

Reactions: Runarbt
So far Tesla and Musk have gotten away with the wild over promising/under delivering. I don't see any loss of reputation in the general public yet. It may be a bit dangerous for Tesla, but if they can play this long enough to become comfortably profitable, they may be able to recover any lost reputation, if needed, at that point.

Investors get it.... some customers are just a little slower! :p

• Funny
That is mostly because some of the wild promises have actually been delivered.

Like actually starting a company that makes great cars that are also EVs - first successful US auto startup since 1941.

Reactions: anthonyj
"investors" i.e. shorts ?

You never know the true market value of shares when 40 Million are shorted.

TSLA down nearly 25% YTD, whereas the rest of the market is up YTD - even after the past week's rout. When I said, "Investors," I was referring to all, not just the dick "Shorts". It appears the average investor has been pulling out, vs. getting in. Many variables and factors, I understand. And the way to take care of the "shorts," is to do things that drive the stock up to hit the "shorts" where it hurts - in the shorts :eek: (and wallet).

Poor customer reported quality and customer service/support doesn't help that objective (to F- the "shorts"). Communication that is misleading, and often incorrect by leadership, along with misleading advertising/ordering screens does not give new investors/customers comfort either, but it does help the "Shorts"! Perhaps The Charlatan is "shorting" TSLA himself! :p

Last edited:
Enhanced Summon is here!!!!!
I’m in NY on biz, checked my app and it says my car is parked in Palo Alto but it was in LA when I left. It’s here! It’s here! :eek:

3CDE5283-5DC9-4AA5-9F01-D4518A6D7EB6.png

Selling your stock has exactly the same effect as shorting :p

What make you think I sold my stock? I was just saying my TSLA investment today (portfolio value) is lower today than when I made the investment. In my first reply above I mention TSLA is down nearly 25% YTD, and so is the value of my TSLA investment. Yes, it’s true you don’t “lose” anything until you sell.

Reactions: Daniel in SD
@EVNow - Wrong again. I’ve lost money with my TSLA investment. Want to make yet another wrong statement? Anyway, there’s a dedicated thread to TSLA talk and that thread isn’t this one.
Wrong on what ?

There is absolutely no reason to bring in shorts talking points in this thread. If you can't talk about summon without resorting to short talking points, I'm not the one being wrong.

• Love
Wrong on what ?

There is absolutely no reason to bring in shorts talking points in this thread. If you can't talk about summon without resorting to short talking points, I'm not the one being wrong.

You may want to revisit my and your earlier posts, @EVNow - you are the one who brought “shorts” comments into this tread first, and many times afterwards. I just tried to clarify my statements, answer your questions, and lastly, correct your misstatements and incorrect assumptions about my view on TSLA. And, earlier, I also suggested keeping the discussion on topic as there is another thread discussing TSLA. So, this is my last reply to you on this subject. :)

Reactions: am_dmd and Runarbt