Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enlightening review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6FB4E87E-3CC6-4BEC-BD14-38AD7831305C.jpeg

I'll just say that I hate it when people post random numbers in an attempt to appear to quantify things, when they didn't actual quantify them.

How much does gas cost for your truck? Oh, about 100/month. ?!? How much water did you drink? Oh, about 3. ?!? How much does electricity cost at your home? ~150/month in the summer.

He might be saving a lot of money, or he might have the highest rates in the country. Noone can glean anything useful from these "experiences".

Actually, the guy’s observations are what I routinely see when watching YouTube videos of people new to EVs (and not only Teslas). They simply haven’t a clue, about anything! Unless someone has given them some instruction on:
  • How speed/temperature/weather conditions impacts range
  • Proper way to charge
  • How to work their auto’s menu system
You see these same befuddled stories about EV usage. For example, many folks think it the norm to fast charge/Supercharge to 100% at each stop on a road trip. Heck, most folks new to EVs don't have a clue on how to find a fast charger (DCFC or Tesla) in the wild!!

Unless “we” figure out how to educate people painlessly on the basics of EV usage this is gonna be an ongoing headache.

Rich

Actually, the guy’s observations are what I routinely see when watching YouTube videos of people new to EVs (and not only Teslas). They simply haven’t a clue, about anything! Unless someone has given them some instruction on:
  • How speed/temperature/weather conditions impacts range
  • Proper way to charge
  • How to work their auto’s menu system
You see these same befuddled stories about EV usage. For example, many folks think it the norm to fast charge/Supercharge to 100% at each stop on a road trip. Heck, most folks new to EVs don't have a clue on how to find a fast charger (DCFC or Tesla) in the wild!!

Unless “we” figure out how to educate people painlessly on the basics of EV usage this is gonna be an ongoing headache.

Rich
Agreed, although in this case, I'm not sure that I can take it 100% seriuosly. They did bring up some real issues, though. Reading between the lines, their charging problems likely would have been helped by a lot more destination chargers. Those would be nice to have on trips.
Further than me. I only got to how a vehicle's range is subject to someone's "opinion".
Yeah, that line was really odd. At first, I thought the "opinion" part was meaning 200 miles based upon their desired buffer. That's not too far from what I'd say, since I don't like to go too far below 20% and I get ~240.

But then they messed up that interpretation by saying 160-180 was more like it with a buffer. So what part of 200 miles was opinion?

I gave it a shot to read then i saw he used his phone to find charging stations on his imaginary trip to jersey
I took that to mean that he got to his destination in new Jersey and needed to charge for local travel. Maybe no superchargers near his destination? Tbh, it still happens sometimes and it is a case where most of us would pull out our phone to look for chargers.