Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Entire Supercharging Team Fired?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
News yesterday is that the entire 500+ person word-wide SC team has been let go. That is alarming. Why would Elon sack the execs and all the employees of this important part of Tesla's business? Could Tesla be selling the SC network off to a third party? Opinions? Other theories?

29226473368_d3a9e965d2_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and who are those losers who really need the $? I am glad if you belong to an exclusive group of people who don't really need the $, congratulations.
That’s a pretty obtuse comment and I usually don’t get involved in forum squabbles or labeling, but can’t pass on that one. Needing the $ is to be interpreted as “need to have a paycheck right away, severance is inadequate, I’m afraid I can’t land a new job soon enough” and not needing $ in general. One would think reading comprehension is a thing.

Apparently Musk wants to convince you of the same judging by his Twitter/X rants - one wonders why doesn’t he simply refute it instead of getting involved in childish attacks on the source. Maybe discrediting a source is one way to deal with inconvenient revelations?
100% pretty obvious strategy. if Elon thinks Reuter is incorrect - then refute it.

Unfortunately, no "established" news corporation can be trusted these days as journalism existing at will of sponsors is increasingly synonymous with prostitution. No, Musk or Gates or Buffett, are even less trustable.
There is usually a difference between "established" news and news from far left/right leaning sites in that sources are usually provided by "established" news which can be verified. Far left/right leaning sites often just source another far left/right site making the actual source (if any) very hard or impossible to find.

"Established" news do sometimes use anonymous sources which can be unreliable because it could just be some politician trying to slant and misinform. The Reuters Tesla story has multiple anonymous sources which I think is better, but still not the same as an identified source.

So far as Elon goes, if he wants his version to go out he could simply accept an interview with a news source and be quoted. Or, he can rant on his own platform which I consider less reliable since I prefer to hear both sides, or at least some potentially tough questions being asked.

I was given a tour of Bloomberg in NYC about 2010 and none of the offices had doors, they said for transparency, and that unnamed sources were never allowed.
there's a difference between not publishing the source vs. not knowing who the source is...

Reuters sounds like they know who are the sources but they keep them anonymous so they don't get fired from Tesla...

Around the age that I discovered the truth about Santa Claus, I also realized that "truth" is not an absolute. People will misrepresent facts to suit their purposes, and even those striving for impartiality are colored by their own biases and experiences.

The First Amendment is working as intended. It is up to the consumer to weigh the credibility of each news source.