Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error loading music streaming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having the same problem for several weeks. I spoke with someone at Tesla who seemed pretty knowledgeable. He said it has to do with communication between Tesla, AT&T, and Slacker/Tunein and not an issue with individual modems. He said they were working on it. No time frame given.

It's a frustrating problem and surprising that they haven't resolved this or at least sent a communication out since it would impact everyone if the issue was between Tesla/ATT/Music Systems. I love my MS90PD AP1 but these lingering issues wear you down.

It was really bad during the Hurricane Harvey's time and found similar problem in 42, 44 which is better. Your observation is correct, if connected to wi-fi or hot spot LTE, there's no problem. After updating to 44, one day I have to reboot all computers to get back to LTE after stuck at 3G.

SA told me before that's Tesla server and firmware related, i.e. if using Tesla onboard LTE, somehow the traffic has to go through Tesla's server instead of direct internet connection to Tunein/Slacker. Either they are caching something on Tesla side or proxying through Tesla, that makes it problematic. Another problem never resolved is - it cannot automatically reconnect after switching from wifi to Tesla LTE, eg. listening on Tunein in the garage, drive to work and after 100 ft, it loses wifi connection, whatever I am listening on will spin forever unless I switch to other thing and back.

• Helpful
Reactions: jdw
I love the streaming service on my P100D, but recently all the error is making me hear XM or even radio!! Worse of all, the XM interface on my Tesla is horrible compared to any Chevrolet car. Its about time for them to allow apple car play.

I solved my streaming issue, but I'm not sure why....
Since my update to V9, my streaming music would do mini drops or error loading..then after loading it would skip through the songs.
This has been quite annoying.
I tried the Mute sequence, the Wheel restart and the dash restart many many times with no luck.
Today I call the service line and was met the message that I have a 45 minute wait or they could call me back.
That was 3 hours ago. Im not in a hurry so no big deal.
In the meantime I decided to pull the USB thumb drive I installed for the Dashcam for the first time.
I was surprised to see a many, many videos of continuous drive but for each day there I was on the dash cam video walking up to my car.
I have no idea how I got on there but there I was...
See how much video was there I had a hunch that the processing of the video might take away time for other activities; such as streaming audio.
I went back to my S and sure enough, I had sharp clear streaming audio.
Perhaps this is written in the instruction somewhere, but I never found it...so hopefully this will help someone else.
Happy Driving.