Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ervaringen met Model 3(en Y) extra display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its a pain to get in and out of TACC that often.
Euh, ik doe hetzelfde als jij aan het rode licht: remmen.
Jij moet de ganse tijd het wattpedaal indrukken om dit te vermijden. Dus paar seconden remmen weegt daar niet tegen op.
Ah neen, om regeneratief te remmen moet ik de stalk naar beneden duwen om AP uit te zetten (what a pain!). Maar enkel als er niemand voor mij rijdt, anders stopt en vertrekt AP zelf (jij moet altijd zelf vertrekken).

Een HUD met extra's:
Niet mijn stijl, maar wel gaaf om te zien wat we allemaal kunnen aanpassen. Zie ook de regenboog verlichting in dashboard en deuren.
View attachment 964761
Hmm, ik denk dat ik eerder voor zoiets zou gaan (zie uw foto)

Geen HUD maar gewoon kantelen van het midden scherm

All this getting in and out of AP and TACC makes so many dings, I have activated Joe Mode by default. Not for my sanity, but for the sanity of my passengers.

KIA and Hyundai, they re-engage AP when one moves from one lane to the next and the car is now stable in the new lane. No dings, no stalk engagement.

XPENG has a mode where these dings, music and navigation can be directed to a speaker on the driver's seat. Then the other passengers hear almost nothing and the driver can navigate / enjoy music.

That is indeed a good practice.

I am planning to get S3XY buttons. I do not like using the stalk that often to engage TACC / AP. Would prefer buttons near my hand and not damage the stalk. Also, people on these roads in my area are too aggressive to stick to the 50 limit.
I assume you have your hands on the steering wheel. Using the stalk is a one finger action, for using the S3XY button you have to move your hand.

Reactions: Phil V
I assume you have your hands on the steering wheel. Using the stalk is a one finger action, for using the S3XY button you have to move your hand.
To use the stalk, I need to lift multiple fingers. The movement is a double tap down to enable AP

The button, I would stick to the back of the steering wheel. I hope that way I have to just lift a finger.

From the app's demo mode, I see that I can configure one button for single press, double press and long press. I would use single press to enable Cruise and long press to enable AP ON (the app says this is useful for changing lanes with Basic Autopilot. It might take the same amount of time, but will reduce the use of the stalk.

I need the commander anyways to disable autowipers in AP. I have a nice water repellent coating that requires no wipers above 55 kmph.

Maybe I am overthinking, but I will wait for the new gen commander to come out later this year.

To use the stalk, I need to lift multiple fingers. The movement is a double tap down to enable AP

The button, I would stick to the back of the steering wheel. I hope that way I have to just lift a finger.

From the app's demo mode, I see that I can configure one button for single press, double press and long press. I would use single press to enable Cruise and long press to enable AP ON (the app says this is useful for changing lanes with Basic Autopilot. It might take the same amount of time, but will reduce the use of the stalk.

I need the commander anyways to disable autowipers in AP. I have a nice water repellent coating that requires no wipers above 55 kmph.

Maybe I am overthinking, but I will wait for the new gen commander to come out later this year.
I will never use it, but I am looking forward to your review….
If the water repellent coating requires no wipers, you don’t need to disable the autowipers, because there will be no water on the window ;)

I will never use it, but I am looking forward to your review….
If the water repellent coating requires no wipers, you don’t need to disable the autowipers, because there will be no water on the window ;)
As much as I believe that, this is now what is happening. The wipers are still working non-stop.

And then there is the phantom wipers we have all seen (or maybe you are the exception here), when the wipers start working on completely dry days. The commander will put an end to that shananigan.

Veel van die schermen worden bediend met het scroll wheel zie ik. Hoe zit het dan met de TACC en autopilot? Kan het scroll wheel dan nog gebruikt worden om de snelheid / afstand aan te passen zonder bedieningen te doen op de display en omgekeerd?
Ik vind op de meeste verkoopsites niet echt informatie hierover.

Ik heb gisteren deze geplaatst:

De eerste ervaringen zijn heel positief. Het bedienen via scroll wheel kan uitgeschakeld worden wat ik bij vele andere displays niet lijkt te gaan. Er is dus geen probleem om de TACC of AP te gebruiken zonder de display te bedienen.
Ook de installatie is heel eenvoudig. Ik zal binnen enkele weken eens al mijn ervaringen delen na wat meer gebruik.