TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Estimated delivery

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by AnarchyEOD, Jun 27, 2018.

1. AnarchyEOD

AnarchyEOD Member

So this new 3-5 month wait... does that mean it reset from the original 12-16 weeks or that month that’s already passed is counted? Anyone know?

2. nicenoise

nicenoise Member

I just got the model 3 config email, and my delivery got pushed from June - August, to Sept - Nov after I finished configuring. SO FRUSTRATING!

3. kgerrard

kgerrard Member

Wait when did you configure I’m confused.

4. kgerrard

kgerrard Member

Sorry asking nicenoise :)

5. nicenoise

nicenoise Member

4/6/16

6. drawfour

drawfour Member

No, that's not when you configured. Reserved. Not configured.

7. nicenoise

nicenoise Member

reserved 4/6/16 (est delivery June '18 - Aug '18), invited to configure 6/27/18,( est delivery NOW sept '18 - nov '18)

8. dailo

dailo Member

I can understand the frustration, but smart move for Tesla. Open up more reservations and set the delivery window to be further out, that way they can get more deposit money up front. I imagine those who ordered earlier will probably see their car before Sept or earlier in the window, but better to set the expectations low. Now if people start getting emails that their delivery window is pushed past November, there will be quite an uproar.

• Like x 1
  9. lapolak

lapolak Member

So, the 3-5 month wait pushed me torwards the decision to cancel as I don't have a car due to mine being totaled by a drunk driver -_- .
    I want to lease for 36 months and return to Tesla; hopefully the Model 3 will be more refined and have more interior options by then.

I have a question though. After being invited to configure, how long could I "hold-out" without ordering or canceling my reservation? I am trying to see if I can borrow a relative's car and actually be able to wait out the 3-5 months. So I don't want to cancel, but I also don't want to wake up one day and say I took too long to configure and therefore I can't cancel anymore to get my $1k back (obviously I never heard them doing this, but I've never heard of anyone waiting in limbo like me before haha).

I'll give Tesla a call after work to find out, but maybe someone knows the answer haha.

10. KCapital

KCapital Member

You can easily hold out for months, but if others are ordering crazyly you will be in a soup as delivery date may get updated to further in future where you will lose out on full tax credits. Order, and make temp. arrangements for next few months (monthly rental, short lease takeover, etc)

11. nicenoise

nicenoise Member

I tried calling Tesla to find out more about the new order delay, and "due to the large amount of inquiries related to release of new model 3 orders, we cannot take your call at this time. Please call back at a future date." W T F ??

12. dailo

dailo Member

If you are ordering just the LR you probably have a better chance of getting it sooner unless all the inventory has been claimed. Saw a post someone ordered yesterday and already got a pickup email for LR.

• Informative x 1
  13. ℬête Noire

ℬête Noire Active Member

So did they have a VIN already, within 24hrs?

14. dailo

dailo Member

That's the the poster claimed on Reddit