Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Estimated delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can understand the frustration, but smart move for Tesla. Open up more reservations and set the delivery window to be further out, that way they can get more deposit money up front. I imagine those who ordered earlier will probably see their car before Sept or earlier in the window, but better to set the expectations low. Now if people start getting emails that their delivery window is pushed past November, there will be quite an uproar.

Reactions: ℬête Noire
So, the 3-5 month wait pushed me torwards the decision to cancel as I don't have a car due to mine being totaled by a drunk driver -_- .
I want to lease for 36 months and return to Tesla; hopefully the Model 3 will be more refined and have more interior options by then.

I have a question though. After being invited to configure, how long could I "hold-out" without ordering or canceling my reservation? I am trying to see if I can borrow a relative's car and actually be able to wait out the 3-5 months. So I don't want to cancel, but I also don't want to wake up one day and say I took too long to configure and therefore I can't cancel anymore to get my $1k back (obviously I never heard them doing this, but I've never heard of anyone waiting in limbo like me before haha).

I'll give Tesla a call after work to find out, but maybe someone knows the answer haha.

So, the 3-5 month wait pushed me torwards the decision to cancel as I don't have a car due to mine being totaled by a drunk driver -_- .
I want to lease for 36 months and return to Tesla; hopefully the Model 3 will be more refined and have more interior options by then.

I have a question though. After being invited to configure, how long could I "hold-out" without ordering or canceling my reservation? I am trying to see if I can borrow a relative's car and actually be able to wait out the 3-5 months. So I don't want to cancel, but I also don't want to wake up one day and say I took too long to configure and therefore I can't cancel anymore to get my $1k back (obviously I never heard them doing this, but I've never heard of anyone waiting in limbo like me before haha).

I'll give Tesla a call after work to find out, but maybe someone knows the answer haha.

You can easily hold out for months, but if others are ordering crazyly you will be in a soup as delivery date may get updated to further in future where you will lose out on full tax credits. Order, and make temp. arrangements for next few months (monthly rental, short lease takeover, etc)