Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Etrade Investing balance is off ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No idea where to post this ... but closest is TSLA?
Ok, I have an ETrade account with an IRA, several positions, one of which is TSLA. (relevance)
Every day when the markets close I check my paper gains or loss and jot it down on a calendar.
One of my positions is MSEGX the rest are pure shares.
My question is my daily balance.
This week for example. (Dummy numbers.)
Gain Balance
Monday +10,000 500,000
Tuesday +8000 506,000
Wednesday +4000 508,000
Thursday +1000 508,800
Friday +5000 511,000

See a peculiar pattern?

In the morning the details of the account are wiped out.
I've asked ETrade about why the simple addition does not add up and they simply cannot call back or email.

Am I overlooking something completely obvious.

Like are some numbers "delayed"?

Uh - weird - maybe easiest way to get their attention, check out Schwab or Fidelity and see how to move all assets - I recall seeing that some folks on TMC were able to negotiate lower margin rates that way - well, let us know (here) what you find

I've had the account for 10+ years. And I only noticed it about a year ago ... as I complained that they did not have "statement" view.
With daily history balances.
So, without my keeping my own manually entered balance on a calendar, and then scanning the weeks did I notice. My very bad.
MikeC, going forward in the next week, I'll have to see if the daily amount differentiation is the same amount.
In the account full view, it does have a star alongside my only Mutual Fund ... Mutual Fund and bond prices are updated at the end of each business day.
I always check at 10pm CET when the markets close.
They take forever to answer their phones, then claim they have to get a broker to call me back ... which they will not when I give them a European number (lost my USA phone a year ... long story, not going there.) Which also prevents me from opening a new account with the likes of Schwab as they require a USA mobile number.

I've had the account for 10+ years. And I only noticed it about a year ago ... as I complained that they did not have "statement" view.
With daily history balances.
So, without my keeping my own manually entered balance on a calendar, and then scanning the weeks did I notice. My very bad.
MikeC, going forward in the next week, I'll have to see if the daily amount differentiation is the same amount.
In the account full view, it does have a star alongside my only Mutual Fund ... Mutual Fund and bond prices are updated at the end of each business day.
I always check at 10pm CET when the markets close.
They take forever to answer their phones, then claim they have to get a broker to call me back ... which they will not when I give them a European number (lost my USA phone a year ... long story, not going there.) Which also prevents me from opening a new account with the likes of Schwab as they require a USA mobile number.

I have found that Mutual Fund prices usually don't update and my 401-k account balances are not updated until about 7PM Central US Time (about 4 hours after the market closes), so maybe this is the issue..

This is what I thought was maybe indeed happening, but I just checked my account 1 1/2 days after close of market Friday and the balance is still the same.
Think what I'll do Monday is sell my MSEGX and put those funds to work elsewhere. Pure stock and see if the problem evaporates.

Reactions: kcveins