Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU Cybertruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems to be on tour May/June in the UK. Might go and see it just to see what it is like, not that it is at all relevant in UK (or anywhere else really)
Most certainly it is relevant in the USA. I have never understood it but the number of people who drive pickups there, many huge monster vehicles, makes for great demand (generally, not speaking specifically about the CT). And many of those people are neither tradesmen nor ever venture off-road.

Pickup Truck Market Analysis

Looks like it’s in Manchester City centre on the 20th May. I was planning on heading into town for a birthday lunch anyway so I think I’ll pop along to see it.

My M3P lease runs out in September, but I can’t see it being available by then but to be honest, it’s probably too big for me.

Three Cybertrucks have been spotted so far here in Boise - Red, Black (both wrapped) and this one that passed us yesterday as we sat at a junction. To me those angular lines make it look like an unfinished concept car & even if they do decide to produce a RHD version it's going to be too big for many of our UK roads.

IMG_3956.jpeg

Reactions: boombap
I think it’s about the same footprint dimensions as a mid sized Mercedes Sprinter van. Quite commonplace in the UK as your average Amazon delivery van, although still a bit too big for daily use.

I doubt they will be released on these shores for a multitude of reasons.

Could the underlying platform be used for a Cybervan or CyberSUV in the future a sell here? Maybe. They have to add something to their 2 car line up at the moment.

I think it’s about the same footprint dimensions as a mid sized Mercedes Sprinter van. Quite commonplace in the UK as your average Amazon delivery van, although still a bit too big for daily use.

I doubt they will be released on these shores for a multitude of reasons.

Could the underlying platform be used for a Cybervan or CyberSUV in the future a sell here? Maybe. They have to add something to their 2 car line up at the moment.
Yeah you don't tend to see those parked up at Sainsbury's for their weekly shopping or trying to get into a multi-storey carpark ;)

I've had a long wheel base 7 series and a Lotus Eletre, both around 5.2 metres and that's frankly too long. It won't fit into a parking bay properly and if the next row isn't far enough away you can actually find that your almost hitting the car on the other side (Especially if it's a bit too large also) before you can even really turn the wheels to try to get out.

A bit like this...

Why do you think a new version is needed, is it because sales are nowhere near target, values are plunging, riddled with faults, so many injuries being sustained, range is well below par, trucks being delivered without features promised?
Loved Tesla solution to the throttle pedal falling off - they drill a hole at the bottom and rivet it.
At launch people were selling their trucks at double the cost and risking litigation from Tesla, now they are retailing just under the retail price, demand has dried up. Musk's confirmation means nothing. There just wont be another version of this monstrosity - the end is in sight - this is Tesla's DeLorean.

Seems to be a lot of anger there Glyn. Are you ok?

Anyway, flaws/issues aside, it’s probably a bit big to sell here (and similarly Europe) in any great quantities. As mentioned above a Sprinter/LWB Transit as daily for family duties would be painful.

Probably something smaller with less sharp edges for skinning pedestrians.

Looking at it I’m not sure how one would shrink it without comprising it somewhere. Passenger cab and/or bed would have to shrink.

My understanding about wider global compliance is down to the gauge of the steel used preventing the regulatory allowed bend radius’s being achieved - I guess for crash and/or pedestrian safety.

I don’t know what the solution is, but it sounds like it’s anything from changing the gauge of the steel to redesigning areas where bend radius is critical either during crash testing and/or pedestrian safety.

Hopefully that will result in something less hideous looking and if sold in sufficient quantity, smaller than some of the imported/US style trucks that you occasionally see driving around or even better, smaller than some of the large Chelsea tractors that seem to be acceptable for regular urban transport.

Reactions: ringi and M3noob
A truck doesn’t hugely interest me but a lot of the tech on the Cybertruck would be lovely to see on another model. Steer by wire, rear wheel steering, proper off road modes from better air suspension and so on.

They sell so many Model Y’s because people love a nice SUV. There’s a market for a model above that but the X is too complex and missing out on space. Needs to be more like a R1S in my opinion. They should scrap the X, do a modern replacement without the falcon winged doors but with some of Cybertrucks new tech.

The whole continuous improvements has served them quite well but a model cannot last forever. Sometimes you do need to make changes to the body on white and other parts to the degree you should just start again. I mean still call it the X if they want but it’s a full new car on a new platform.

Guess doesn’t matter though, even with steer on wire they’ll come up with some excuse not to make a RHD one.

Why do you think a new version is needed, is it because sales are nowhere near target, values are plunging, riddled with faults, so many injuries being sustained, range is well below par, trucks being delivered without features promised?
Loved Tesla solution to the throttle pedal falling off - they drill a hole at the bottom and rivet it.
At launch people were selling their trucks at double the cost and risking litigation from Tesla, now they are retailing just under the retail price, demand has dried up. Musk's confirmation means nothing. There just wont be another version of this monstrosity - the end is in sight - this is Tesla's DeLorean.
My friend in the USA has received this 'encouragement' from Tesla to take up his former reservation with this 'limited edition' Foundation $100k model.

1718447685013.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 11.33.03.png

Attachments

• 1718446140639.jpeg
    1718446140639.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Bouba