Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU Market Situation and Outlook

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fossil cars sold in Norway generally aren't exported. You would have to have a pretty dramatic drop in value to outweigh the registration fees. Basically, once you've registered a car in Norway, the licence plate is the most expensive part on the car. Exporting the car wipes out that value.

But I think there diesel cars have experienced accelerated depreciation. Not primarily for the EV sales, but because they've been disallowed from cities on the more polluted days. I think this won't improve.

• Informative
Reactions: schonelucht
Thanks for all the new submission to the registrations wiki! I just validated them - Germany numbers seem to have a hard time to get through though - two submissions, one with France instead of Germany specified but the right number for Germany, one with one car less than reported :). Submitted again, can someone (@Spidy, @mrdoubleb) please check?

Thanks for all the new submission to the registrations wiki! I just validated them - Germany numbers seem to have a hard time to get through though - two submissions, one with France instead of Germany specified but the right number for Germany, one with one car less than reported :). Submitted again, can someone (@Spidy, @mrdoubleb) please check?
Done! :) Wonder how i came up with 1 less. I guess i can't even hold a number in my head for the 5 seconds it takes to switch windows. Bodes well for the next 40 years.
Anyway.

I've noticed an odd behavior of the table the other day. @Troy went beck to add in the correct split for Germany S/X for September, but until I validated, the October cell was pink, instead of September. Not a major concern as the right data got updated once I validated, but maybe something to keep an eye on.

In other news, I have started contributing to a Hungarian EV site, that is also trying to act as a real life community for the EV pioneers (yeah, it's not really Norway here, we are way far from mainstream). My articles are mostly trying to set the record straight on the FUD reporting in local news on Tesla, but I will post in other EV matters too.

Would you guys mind if I regularly referenced our monthly European results for the local audience? I was going to guesstimate on how Tesla is doing each month using these numbers and InsideEVs, maybe educate a bit on how to read the numbers, how Tesla schedules shipments geographically, etc - all basic stuff for us, but not at all understood or known outside.

Obviously I would give credit to and link the original here at TMC.

• Love
Reactions: Troy and hobbes
Added a few more numbers. Looking pretty good so far. In Norway we might see the first effects of the threatened cut of incentives (any news on this?) leading to strong deliveries, or it might be left over vehicles form record-breaking Sep deliveries.

Realized that in Italy Tesla S+X (403) beats Nissan Leaf (399) and Renault Zoe(294)!
(This is based on top 10 vehicle sales, the manufacturer ranking might be different due to other Nissan/Renault BEVs)

In Norway we might see the first effects of the threatened cut of incentives (any news on this?)
No, they are now supposed to start the negotiations on the state budget next Tuesday.

One of the parties that will be a part of this negotiations has said that they will *not* argue about this cut - as long as taxes on ICE cars are raised equally (or more). Witch we all know is completely inedible to one of the governments parties... :p

• Informative
Reactions: hobbes
Added a few more numbers. Looking pretty good so far. In Norway we might see the first effects of the threatened cut of incentives (any news on this?) leading to strong deliveries, or it might be left over vehicles form record-breaking Sep deliveries.

Realized that in Italy Tesla S+X (403) beats Nissan Leaf (399) and Renault Zoe(294)!
(This is based on top 10 vehicle sales, the manufacturer ranking might be different due to other Nissan/Renault BEVs)
Not sure if you added the Swiss data, but i think it was off by 10 carts for Model S so I have re-added that. October YTD Model S totals are 913, September YTD was 827. To me that's 86, not 96.

If someone could validate pls. ;)

Not sure if you added the Swiss data, but i think it was off by 10 carts for Model S so I have re-added that. October YTD Model S totals are 913, September YTD was 827. To me that's 86, not 96.

If someone could validate pls. ;)

Thanks - done. Must have mixed the S number with the 69 X. Good that we implemented the validation system, seem so to be working rather well :).

Reactions: mrdoubleb
EU-EV-market-share-per-GDP-1-570x460.png

@mrdoubleb - you submitted the Luxembourg number, but that is the Sep number. The document you linked says edition of November 2, but above all the data it says that it is for Sep :confused:. Error on Statec´s side, we´ll have to wait until they fix it...

@Troy - can you do your magic for the UK ;)?!

Wow, thx for checking, i didn't see that!

So we are done with October except for the bad file from Luxembourg. I've just sent a notification to the statistics office using the contact form on the site, asking them to fix that.

Reactions: hobbes
And deliveries are looking good, first month of each quarter in 2017: 1453/946/1096/1461+!
Yep, agreed. Not to sound pessimistic on the global deliveries, and as always, Asia is a dark horse, but we should also look at US numbers before we get too excited. They are not bad, bot not standout the way Europe was. 1650/1840/3075/1970.

2 comments on this:
  • insideevs theorizes the X had fewer inventory builds to compensate for what they say is a higher than usual overseas build at Tesla.
  • The X had a crazy high September, about 2x the usual number, so it does seem like they sold everything that wasn't bolted down and they are missing inventory.