Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU Market Situation and Outlook

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Informative
Reactions: hobbes
Crosspost from Model 3 pics thread:

Can't believe this to be true but indeed looks like a German Autobahn and a white M3. Actually quite near to me ..... darn it!

That would be a strong sign that Employee deliveries are moving outside the US now. Not unrealistic as non Employee delivery ought to start around year end as well....

0cdb6d9a-03c7-4180-b3ea-d7ef2bf385ba-jpeg.262623

Cool! But I don´t think that has anything to do with deliveries. More likely a car that is passed around the service centers so employees can familiarize themselves to be prepared - or actually a German auto maker interested in the tech. There was one registration and sighting of a Model 3 a while ago in the Netherlands which was supposedly Tesla´s. But it doesn´t look like the car in this picture has a Dutch (yellow) license plate.

Wow, just realizing if it is indeed a German registration we should see it in 1-2 weeks in the KBA´s registration data!!

Cool! But I don´t think that has anything to do with deliveries. More likely a car that is passed around the service centers so employees can familiarize themselves to be prepared - or actually a German auto maker interested in the tech. There was one registration and sighting of a Model 3 a while ago in the Netherlands which was supposedly Tesla´s. But it doesn´t look like the car in this picture has a Dutch (yellow) license plate.
Close to Ingolstadt? I see what you are doing there Audi, I see you!

Wow, just realizing if it is indeed a German registration we should see it in 1-2 weeks in the KBA´s registration data!!

Speculation on the German forum is that this is actually a car produced for Europe, as it has a rear fog light in the center of the bumper which the US cars don´t have. Was supposedly seen on the car spotted in the Netherlands, too. Also, the guess is this is a red color text license plate which would make it a manufacturers car. So most likely a car of Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: Anstandswauwau
Speculation on the German forum is that this is actually a car produced for Europe, as it has a rear fog light in the center of the bumper which the US cars don´t have. Was supposedly seen on the car spotted in the Netherlands, too. Also, the guess is this is a red color text license plate which would make it a manufacturers car. So most likely a car of Tesla.

Confirmed it is a Tesla car. Someone ran into it while charging (they used a converter as it had the US charge port, sorry ;) ) and talked to the drivers who identified as a US Tesla employees: Bilder und Videos vom Model 3 • TFF Forum - Tesla Fahrer & Freunde

Small heads-up on Norway´s Tesla Registration Stats:
512 S+X with one third of November to go!

Compares to 170 for Nov 16, 100 for Feb, 226 for May, and 195 for Aug (full 2nd months per quarter).

Actually, looks like we could beat the sum of all those months!
85 just today.

Done! 766 total for November so far. Sum of previous 2nd months per quarter: 170+100+226+195 = 691.
87 registrations today.

So do we think this is because people were afraid of losing the tax incentives? This seems a little "too good to be true" as an indicator for the entire continent.

Yeah. I think Tesla had a hand in this. This was too perfectly orchestrated. Scare people into buying S&Xs quickly before the incentives expire, coinciding with the 3 ramp up where they need to keep up the sales - and then call it off so it won´t be a net hit to sales, just pulling demand ahead. People won´t care so much about S&X once the 3 line is running full speed.