Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU Market Situation and Outlook

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
at this rate Estonia will have enough cars to justify a supercharger and service center in short order ! Keep up the good work there :) I want to see a line of Superchargers heading to Finland.

Actually have to amend that, heard that my friends car that was picked up yesterday was the very last car sold in Q2 as the money was wired over late on June 30th and it counted in Q2. So 8 cars, not 7 for Estonia ;) But it'll make accounting harder as the registrations will be in July for four of them :)

Actually have to amend that, heard that my friends car that was picked up yesterday was the very last car sold in Q2 as the money was wired over late on June 30th and it counted in Q2. So 8 cars, not 7 for Estonia ;) But it'll make accounting harder as the registrations will be in July for four of them :)
I think most other european countries actually uses registration date for official statistics. Maybe estonia as well? If so, I guess it would make sense to use those numbers.

Estonia is not core market so for Tesla the car is sold when it is paid for when the car is in Tilburg. How the owner gets the car from Tilburg to Tallinn is his responsibility and that introduces usually about 1 week delay. So if we are accounting for Q2 sales etc, then we'd need to take the weeks delay into account. If we just want monthly registration numbers, then sure, we can take the official dates in which case it's 4 in June and 4 already in July

That would be inefficient energy conversion. Water craft is powered by gas turbines or diesel engines.
Who says you have to get the power from on-board generators? Use battery packs both to charge cars and to provide electricity to the rest of the vessel. This way the ferry operator can save money on fuel while providing an additional service.

We're used to thinking about the Gigafactory addressing both the EV market and the stationary energy storage market, but there are additional markets in maritime and aviation applications. Wherever you see electricity being generated from transportation fuels you've got an opportunity for a Tesla battery pack.

Who says you have to get the power from on-board generators? Use battery packs both to charge cars and to provide electricity to the rest of the vessel. This way the ferry operator can save money on fuel while providing an additional service.

We're used to thinking about the Gigafactory addressing both the EV market and the stationary energy storage market, but there are additional markets in maritime and aviation applications. Wherever you see electricity being generated from transportation fuels you've got an opportunity for a Tesla battery pack.

It may be more efficient to carry load of diesel or gas than battery packs.

I have been searching to find data on June registrations for the UK.

A table can be downloaded via this page : New car market up 10% in first half of 2014 | SMMT

Link to table : http://www.smmt.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/SMMT-new-car-registrations-June-2014.zip

It does however not show a number specifically for Tesla. There is a number for "Other imports" being 273. (2013-June was 98 for that category).
That seems to imply that the upper limit for June deliveries for Tesla in UK is 273.

Another page shows 661 pure electrics registered in June-2014 (191 in June 2013).

Link : June 2014 – EV registrations | SMMT

Last edited: