Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Euro 2019 Sales

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mr Miserable

Supporting Member
Jul 8, 2019
UK
Referral Code
I saw this table posted on a TSLA investor thread and thought it interesting.
The figure for Netherlands in Dec were as a result of an incentive disappearing from Jan. It just shows how well Tesla responded to that local surge in demand. I suppose having your Euro HQ in NL helps too!
It also illustrates the peak deliveries for EU occuring during the last month in a quarter.

Tesla delivered over 111,119 cars in Europe in 2019.

View attachment 564508

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Gazmayo and Mark-R
It seems an odd way to run a production line, though I wonder whether the overall figures flatten it out or make it even more peaky at quarter end?

Do they make them at a consistent rate but just not ship them or do they actually run a peaky production line?

I thought it might be interesting to look at sales per 100,000 population:

2019-EU-sales.jpg

Norway dominates, and that impressive Dec 2019 sales spike puts the Netherlands in second place. The UK now falls into the bottom half of the table. Tesla hasn't made much impact in Spain and Italy.

It seems an odd way to run a production line, though I wonder whether the overall figures flatten it out or make it even more peaky at quarter end?

Do they make them at a consistent rate but just not ship them or do they actually run a peaky production line?
Errr. No, that is not a reflection of the production rate. It's deliveries in Europe.
Basically Tesla want to build and deliver cars within the same quarter. If you understand that, it explains the feast or famine EU deliveries.

Reactions: Pilotpem

View attachment 565058

Norway dominates, and that impressive Dec 2019 sales spike puts the Netherlands in second place. The UK now falls into the bottom half of the table. Tesla hasn't made much impact in Spain and Italy.

When you think of the nations in the forefront of the green revolution this all makes sense, although a surprise to see Belgium ahead of the UK.

You could read that table as untapped sales potential which makes Italy look like a real opportunity.

I'm surprised by Germany's placing given renewable energy availability and alleged need for places to dump solar PV energy. I guess they just love German cars.

And the UK looks like a worthwhile mid-table large number of sales with plenty of room for more.

View attachment 565058

now add mean and median annual income in and you'll have more information. Add public charging infrastructure numbers to get a really interesting data table.

Saw two M3s in my sleepy southern French town on my first post lockdown visit last week. Very surprised to see two, considering how far France are down the list. I suspect the locals would assume Parisian summer visitors.

Of course, before I placed my M3 order last month, I had never bothered to look out for any Teslas.