Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious, would you have been fine if the upgrade price was higher and the 21" wheels were included?
Hehe good question. Strange thing is that I might have been quite fine with that:rolleyes:

Right now the price is actually a bit below my initial worst case scenario for what I could personally justify paying for this car. So most likely I would have been quite happy with a higher price that had the same options as expected.

Its the idea of giving me the perception of a good deal or not. Right now I feel more like a second rate customer.

My vieuw is :
In USA many customers complained because they did not get compensation for downgrading from 21" to 19"
So TESLA sais : Let's include the 19" and lower the price, but give the possibility to upgrade to 21"

So I vieuw this as TESLA listening to it's customers!
People who only want 19" and no 21" get the fair price, and they who want 21" too!!!

So people complaining that they do not get 21" in the lower price, is like wanting the butter and also the cream of the butter!

Yes Tesla listen to the people .....

Tesla rise the price for EU customers AND charge extra for the 21' ! , thanx
Blame your government for exorbitant import taxes. God forbid Tesla tries to sell the Model S in Europe sustainably.

Imported products in Europe generally always cost more than their US counterparts. Why would you expect this to be any different? Tesla has to follow the rules just like everyone else, regardless of whatever fantasies you might have conjured for yourself.

Blame your government for exorbitant import taxes. God forbid Tesla tries to sell the Model S in Europe sustainably.

Imported products in Europe generally always cost more than their US counterparts. Why would you expect this to be any different? Tesla has to follow the rules just like everyone else, regardless of whatever fantasies you might have conjured for yourself.
There are no import taxes. None.

No, not in Norway, but there is a 10% import tax in Holland where the Model S is distributed from.
I would assume this tax is only if the car is intended for the Dutch market. I can't believe anyone would in any way consider using the Netherlands as a distribution center if one had to pay a 10% tax on everything distributed through the center.

It's like in Norway - you don't have to pay the taxes on a regular fossil car until you put Norwegian plates on the car. (And it's illegal for Norwegians to drive cars registered in other countries, without the owner in the passenger seat.)

Last edited:
The model s is still ubelievably cheap (relative to all other cars) in Norway. What I think IS a little bit annoying, though, is that it appears theyve decided to only offer the four US sig colors on EU sigs. Without an explanation as to why (all paint lines are up and running?), I think many EU sig res holders may be a little annoyed too.

[/B][/I]Your governments get pretty much every Euro of the increase, in other words.

You could not be more wrong.
I'm basing my statements on the pricing in Norway, where the government do not take a single dime for electric cars.

EU have been given the standard price increase, and all reservations made before the end of this year gets a discount approx equal to this price increase. They are on this matter treating the US and EU customers equally.
On the other hand; US customers making a reservation today and decides (when the ordering time comes) on a Perf model, he receives 21inch rims. No EU customers gets the 21inch rims included (save for Sig reservations holders) no matter when they made their reservations.

So George B stated that the standard equipment and options in US and EU eould be equal, and it shows not to be the case. They are treating (honoring) the reservation holders differently - for the same product. Fair? Not in my view.

Last edited:
I'm very happy with the Norwegian pricing. Personally, I'm also happy with the 21 inch rims being optional - I don't think I'll get the performance version, but if I do, then I will want 19 inch rims.

I agree that when Tesla has said it will treat EU and US customers equally, then they should keep their promise. But come on, guys - the current Norwegian price makes Model S the deal of the century.

You could not be more wrong.
I'm basing my statements on the pricing in Norway, where the government do not take a single dime for electric cars.

EU have been given the standard price increase, and all reservations made before the end of this year gets a discount approx equal to this price increase. They are on this matter treating the US and EU customers equally.
On the other hand; US customers making a reservation today and decides (when the ordering time comes) on a Perf model, he receives 21inch rims. No EU customers gets the 21inch rims included (save for Sig reservations holders) no matter when they made their reservations.

So George B stated that the standard equipment and options in US and EU eould be equal, and it shows not to be the case. They are treating (honoring) the reservation holders differently - for the same product. Fair? Not in my view.

as George has stated, they will be equal, come 2013 when the Europe version is ready the 2013 US model will also required you to pay for 21" wheels. I don't see an issue.

As has been said many times before In this thread; here is the breakdown.

GB says the two markets will be treated the same regarding options and such.

EU prices is announced, and yes, they are treating late adopters In both markeds the same, but their goldmine group of buyers, the early adopters, get different treatment on the different markets. Here we don't get the 21" wheels for free, but the US folks do. Even those who are "new In queue", while the many years of waiting EU reservation holders don't get squat.

_____
Tapatalkin' from iTalatut.

Last edited: