Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European Spec Side Mirrors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has any one swapped their Domestic-spec side mirror with the European ones?

I recently did the swap on the driver side, and it is probably the best update I've done to my car to date (this is after ppe, ceramic coat, ceramic tint, sway bars, interior vinyl, CF spoiler, etc).

So now I have a great field of view on the drivers side, but now my right hand mirror field of view feels restrictively small. I know the RH US mirrors are convex, because they have the "objects in the mirror are closer than they appear" warning, but does anyone know if the Export-spec'd RH mirrors are more convex than the Domestic ones?

Also, on the Tesla parts site, I'm seeing a new part code for mirrors that wasn't there before:

EXT MIRROR GLASS, PREMIUM, EXPORT, RH M3
1130654-00-A

EXT MIRROR GLASS, PREMIUM, EXPORT, RH M3 - NEC
1521796-00-A

EXT MIRROR GLASS, PREMIUM, DOMESTIC, RH M3
1130652-00-A

EXT MIRROR GLASS, PREMIUM, DOMESTIC, RH M3 - NEC
1521794-00-A

Does anyone know what NEC stands for?

Note: This is not meant to be a discussion about SUMA mirrors. I had, and sold those.

Yes a number of people have. We have been doing this since the first EMEA and APAC cars showed up and people either ordered the parts locally across Europe and Asia and brought them back or bought them while visiting there.

The passengers side is exactly the same as the Americas stock one, the drivers side is a match.

If you dont care for auto-dimming or your newer Model 3 doesnt support it, consider Suma replacements. Same effect for less $$$. Come in clear, lite blue, heated, non-heated, with or without turn signal.

Yes a number of people have. We have been doing this since the first EMEA and APAC cars showed up and people either ordered the parts locally across Europe and Asia and brought them back or bought them while visiting there.

The passengers side is exactly the same as the Americas stock one, the drivers side is a match.

If you dont care for auto-dimming or your newer Model 3 doesnt support it, consider Suma replacements. Same effect for less $$$. Come in clear, lite blue, heated, non-heated, with or without turn signal.

very weird when I look at the two field of views my passenger side FoV feels a lot narrower than my EMEA spec driver mirror...

I know this is an older post… would appreciate if you could post the specific part numbers for the EU spec mirror (wide field of view). I’m looking for mirrors that are dimmable and are heated.

Necro-post revival indeed!

I don't and never had the part numbers for the EMEA/APAC parts, but those who purchased them, likely do. Or maybe you can find them on eBay just like the euro fog/drl assemblies and cross-ref the part number that way.

Worse case, call a Tesla SC in England or Scotland or Norway/Finland, Germany, and get the part numbers, they are not VIN restricted.

David:

They cannot be purchase in the US, even w/the correct part number. A tame EU source might sell them, but they get expensive.

Now a Canadian salvage yard.....
I’ve got friends I can ask in the EU, but really need to give them specific part numbers. I’ll look on uk and de eBay to see what I can find.

There must be posts here from 2019/2020 when people first started to source these and bring across the pond.

If they didnt list the part numbers, calling a UK service center and asking for the part numbers will also do the trick.