Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A status update about how SuC's in France are in such a (bad) shape...
26/07-13h: Lully (our last stop be fore FR): perfect, bays available and plenty kW (120)
26/07-16h: Lyon - queue of 5 MS lined up for only one bay available with less than 40kW, poor road-side assistance, no true and relevant info provided about what we could expect. Ended up charging with the nearby Type 2 even faster than the SuC. Nearby hotel ended up fully booked and we missed a long awaited diner with friend 200km further. Grrrrrr.
28/07-16h: Nîmes - no MS in this unattended SuC construction area but both bays were OFF, not a single KW. Still very poor road-side assistance (could not get true status nor estimated time for repair, no ticket number). Grrrrr (2)
28/07-18h: Aix - friendly welcome by Hervé but less than 50kW available, to be shared later with another fellow MS driver from Germany. Because of delay, we this time missed my friend's theatre show in Frejus. Grrrr (3)
28/07-t22h: Frejus - one bay was ICE'd and the other delivered only 40 kW. Grrrr (4)

Should we really call this a (French) Tesla SuC network? Let's just talk about Tesla C network...

Approved by Rachelle, my (usually) very and quiet wife...

More update about The French SuC network following my post above:

General: All (temporary) SuC in France (meaning all of them) are rated 100kW gross meaning max 88 kW net. This power is available to the first car in and if both bays are busy, the first in gets 80% and the second one the remaining 20%. All SuC places also have a Type 2 Plug to be activate with a batch available at the reception of the nearby hotel.

Frejus: in a winary, not accessible after 23.30 (Tesla will try to get the acces code to open the gate at the entrance). Most of the time one bay is ICE'd, sometimes even by the tenant!

Nîmes: one bay does not work

Lyon: was finally fixed

Mâcon: OK

Auxerre: one bay does not work

I consistently call Tesla Road Assistance when approaching a SuC but they didn't seem to be very well informed about the status. All they could tell was whether or not someone was charging.

The one in Auxerre indeed has one out of service, but the staff of the hotel mercure is very friendly. The one in Macon is fast (542 km/hour), situated in a nice restaurant (La Vieille Ferme), with very friendly owner. Both slots were working yesterday August 2

It's been a while, maybe someone could give us an update?

Just checked. Looks done.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407326104.189743.jpg

Another rumor, a new SC in the Netherlands will open 'soon'. This time in the south (Limburg).

It's a Hotel van der Valk (again) in Urmond.

It's next to the A2 (E25) and not far from the A76 (E314). This makes traveling to the Wilnsdorf SuperCharger a lot easier for Belgians!

I checked the one in Auxerre at 118.1 kW

That's the highest I've seen! What was your SoC?

Sorry for the very bad quality, was shaking way too much, but had to hold my recording phone with my left hand, and I wore a brace on one of my finger at this time. You'll be able to catch 328A 358V at the end of the video though.

-> 117,4 kW

Soon after the SuC reached 118,1 but I don't have it on video, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: