Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it is very weird Tesla Marketing does not make far more of an effort to update the information on the European SuperCharger plans on the Tesla website. All we can get after almost three month of no action month is a picture someone took on a show.

It is one of the best promotions and sales arguments for people interested in buying a Model-S in 2014. Specially in Germany & France I assume. But also for many Dutch people who have to make a purchase decision now it should be very important to some better information of the planned SC roll-out.

As they already have an internal roadmap, and should even know where SC's will be build the next 3 months (having permits in place surely that far ahead), why not have someone spend 30 minutes on the Tesla website and use it ! It is free publicly and one of the best sales arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

I count 9 superchargers in Europe. I only know 8...

Indeed ! Good catch !

A new one might open very soon ??

I just despair on a daily basis with Teslas lack of communication skills. The whole business with the lowering at speed and the much vaunted v6 are other examples.

They also have plenty of scope to engage the buyers during the manufacturing process by sending more updates and perhaps photos of the car as it moves through the factory.

Imagine if you had received that when you ordered, you'd be amazed and raving to all your friends and colleagues about it.

These things are very cheap and easy to implement, but bring huge value to the customers.

Somewhere in a darkened meeting room in Menlo Park, there is diabolic laughter to be heard at late hours. Overjoyed workers congratulate the lad who had the brilliant idea not only to distort existing supercharger locations, but to add one more that could be in several countries. If you squint.

I want to clarify on the location. It will be Bayreuth. Or Beirut.

Somewhere in a darkened meeting room in Menlo Park, there is diabolic laughter to be heard at late hours. Overjoyed workers congratulate the lad who had the brilliant idea not only to distort existing supercharger locations, but to add one more that could be in several countries. If you squint.

I want to clarify on the location. It will be Bayreuth. Or Beirut.

@VolkerP, no rumours on the TFF forum on Superchargers construction sites yet?

Our scouts are roaming the announced locations, but haven't found a shovel of gravel nor a flip of construction-do-not-cross-line. Nothing. Nada.

We didn't have a winter this time. Not one inch of snow anywhere the Autobahn network stretches. No freezing. Cities saved a fortune on salt and road repairs from frost this winter.

I don't know if construction companies charge a surplus on excavation work if the calendar says "It's Winter", or if based on outside temps, or if the ground truly is frozen, or if at all. I don't know if Tesla is waiting for construction to become possible/cheaper - they didn't mind last November, and pressed hard.

All the other residential construction in my neck of woods didn't halt a single day the whole winter, be it excavation, pouring concrete, or laying shingles on the roof.

Tesla must pull a major one here, if they want to keep the promise to double the number of superchargers in Germany every quarter. That would be 12 new sites, and they are quickly running out of quarter.

Doesn't this at Bad Rappenau tell Tesla that we really use the German SC's and we need more?

Dutch, German, Belgian and Luxembourg, all there!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394893148.125845.jpg