Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
84493ceda63164d70352431f546fd4a5.jpg

At the new SuC in Lille. 4 stalls open and 4 not yet fully commissioned. Nicely far away from the entrance too! Poor charge rate for the moment though, guess that will improve when fully completed...

Flat Stanley is back!!! This has to be my favorite TMC thread of all times. Lovely photos.

Hi,

Any news about a supercharger near Clermont Ferrand in France?
Today is not really possible to drive from Lyon to Bordeaux, excepted if you drive very very slowly (maybe 100 km/h max) .... so not confortable for a travel from Switzerland to Charente.

You can stop on the A89 at the Aire de la Loire (Neronde) where you have a DBT station that currently works without the need of a card. Did this twice this summer and it worked fine.

Next trip will be around X-Mas and hope the SuC will be installed at that date.

Last edited:
What happened to the European Destination Charging Program?
Could it be that tesla hasn't figuren out how to make it for tesla's only (Obligated Type 2 connector in europe) and doesn't want to give the hardware for free if it's gonna get used by other cars too?

All I know from the people in Amsterdam: They are working on it

I'd like to be able to plug my Roadster into it too.

Does anybody have any news about the possible supercharger in Prato, Tuscany(Italy)? Although you don't need it to get to Florence and Tuscany in general it would help because of the mountains between Bologna and Florence.
I also saw the Affi station in construction recently but it was still not ready. I know not many tesla owners are in Italy but it is a great place to go on vacation, the lack of superchargers surprises me.

Does anybody have any news about the possible supercharger in Prato, Tuscany(Italy)? Although you don't need it to get to Florence and Tuscany in general it would help because of the mountains between Bologna and Florence.
I also saw the Affi station in construction recently but it was still not ready. I know not many tesla owners are in Italy but it is a great place to go on vacation, the lack of superchargers surprises me.

I drove by Affi two weeks ago.
Some months ago there was a construction site with a sign showing that Tesla is working there and the eight charging stalls have already been visible.
Now it looks like they stopped the construction!
This is a really bad decision as the SuperCharger in Affi is perfectly positionend alongside this motorway.
Lot's of people spend their holiday there!