Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me it says one and a half hour longer... And from having tried both routes (not in a MS though) that seems about right. Unless you have to wait really long for the ferry. Of the 300 km from hamburg SC to køge SC, 19 km is a ferry so it's more like 285...

I tried both roads (not Tesla) and the way over Fehmarn (A1) is really 1.5 hours faster (without the extra SuperCharging-Time on the longer other route!!)

How many MS' are there in Spain? For comparison, there are 23 SuCs in the UK currently and (a guess, here as my data is 4 months out of date) about 1k MS'... I gather Tesla rolls out SuCs on the basis of how many compatible cars there are registered 'locally' - which seems reasonable to me. No cars = no SuCs!

Well, if that was the case we would be tripping over Model S in Germany with German license plates and would have 100+ SuC in the Netherlands if the amout of SuC locations in the UK was indeed based on the amount of cars.

No, for the UK it is because of many different reasons.
1. UK is the most important Country overseas for the USA, and I do not mean for Tesla but in General
2. They put many double only stalls, because of the fact not many people in London own or can park their car near their house for charging
3. Not all are real SuC, just max 80kW

But for Spain it is just like in France. Redicilous amount of paperwork, slow local government to arrange permits, and Spain is just....relaxed...

What I have read they are building one SuC for about every 150 car. Sweden have many because of Norway but in Spain they sold 15 last year. If they built a SuC in Spain, will it ever get used? Let say that the 15 Model S is spread throug the country in mayby menas that it will be one SuC station for 5 cars. That would be very expensive.

If that was really the case, were are the 50 SuCs for the Netherlands? I think in Europe we are the 2nd country after Norway with the most model S.

Tesla innstals SC where people are traveling, and also work the other way, put up SC first to speed the sales in a area.
Some countries in EU, the sales are quite slow, so it will be more SC than cars, good thing for people from Netherlands, Norway and Switcherland that like to travel long distances with their Tesla. ;-)

I understand the issue in Spain is the very slow process with the authorities in order to get permission to start building the superchargers.
Sources for this?

In Spain there is already a network of chargers (some of them Chademo) powered by Ibil. I haven't heard of any problems with permissions.

Some word from Tesla could clarify the subject. Still a dozen or so SuC in the map for this year and none in construction.