Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV and ICE enthusiasts: Can't we all just get along??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it ultimately comes down to how people associate political traits to vehicles.

That alone will cause some issues, but its magnified greatly as the result of the rights election of someone who completely denies the role humans have played in climate change. So there is quite a bit of anger on the left for what they feel is an attack on everything they hold sacred. Then you have those on the right who feel empowered to push their own agenda, and to attack those on the left.

Around where I live I don't see much hostility regardless of which vehicle I drive. But, I do see some of it in more rural areas when driving my Tesla Model 3.

The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited I have seems to be pretty neutral. It tends to blend in without a blink of the eye. The only thing annoying is other Jeep owners with their constant waving. Yes, its a Jeep thing but they're all over the place. Enough is enough. It's just a vehicle, but they treat it like a religion.

I also have a Diesel 4x4 Camper Van. I don't think I've ever owned a vehicle loved more by both sides, and yet the thing is kinda ridiculous. It has the liberal dream of VanLife mixed with the republicans love for oil. It has solar panels for the greenies, and Diesel burning for the petrolhead.

The funny thing is my Model 3 is my hope vehicle, and my Camper Van is my doomsday vehicle.

The Jeep I use just to enjoy what sun we get in the PNW, and the 1 week out of the year that we get snow. We can't drive in the snow so I drive the Jeep in case someone runs into me.

In all seriousness most of the fighting that happens doesn't happen on the road. It happens in my head when trying to decide which vehicle to take. I guess that's what I get for being a moderate.

That's an interesting take on things. There were ZERO politics involved in my purchase decision. The Model 3P offers the best bang-for-the-buck in the performance sedan market - that why I bought it. I guess few outside of its owners see it that way.

The Model 3P is kinda funny in that never in the history of automobiles has a car with such quickness been so hidden in the looks department.

No one outside the owner is really going to know unless you leave the badge on it with the little underline that means its the P version.