Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Car/My Tesla - An Alexa skill for Amazon Echo / Tesla integration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've created an Alexa skill that lets you monitor and control some Tesla functions using an Amazon Echo. You can get charge status, location & climate state. You can also control your car - flash lights, honk, start/stop charging, start/stop climate system and lock/unlock doors. This does not require setting up any servers and does not store the Tesla account credentials anywhere. A token is generated once and is used only by the Alexa services. If you already have a token, you can enter that directly.

To get started, go to your Echo and say "Alexa, enable EV Car". Now go the Alexa app on your phone or Amazon.com Sign In on your browser, click on the "Link Account" link and enter the Tesla account information.

Here's are some things you can say:
ask EV Car how far can I drive
ask EV Car for charge status
ask EV Car for car status
ask EV Car for climate status
tell EV Car to set driver temperature to 72
tell EV Car to set passenger side to 73
tell EV Car to to honk
tell EV Car to flash
tell EV Car to lock/unlock
tell EV Car to turn climate on/off
tell EV Car to start heating
tell EV Car to cool my car
tell EV Car to stop climate
ask EV Car how warm is my car
ask EV Car dude where's my car ask
tell EV Car to get ready to take off
tell EV Car to go into hyperdrive
Great job - thanks

on the MY - "alexa, ask evcar to open the trunk" and "alexa ask evcar to close the rear trunk" work now too. that's cool, especially if there is a nearby amazon flex. a longer than usual delay between ask and delivery. asking to "close the trunk" results with a "closing the windows" reply.

Hi Gol4,

Tesla has changed the way it handles tokens. TezLab has figured it out and it does not log you out anymore. I also have a DriveElectric watch app and they too have updated how they handle tokens. I know those are paid services, so I am not expecting an immediate fix, but just wondering if and when you have time, would you be able to look into this. It would be awesome to warm up the car from an echo. Right now, on my MY it looses token in about 15 minutes.

Thanks.

Hi Gol4,

Tesla has changed the way it handles tokens. TezLab has figured it out and it does not log you out anymore. I also have a DriveElectric watch app and they too have updated how they handle tokens. I know those are paid services, so I am not expecting an immediate fix, but just wondering if and when you have time, would you be able to look into this. It would be awesome to warm up the car from an echo. Right now, on my MY it looses token in about 15 minutes.

Thanks.
Hi, do you have any reference to a website that explains how token handling has changed? Currently the tokens expire after 30 to 45 days. (Not 15 minutes).

I can not get my Alexa skill to relink with my Tesla account.

I get "{stackTrace=[["\/var\/task\/lambda_function.py",37,"lambda_handler","return(process_api_command(event))"],["\/var\/task\/lambda_function.py",927,"process_api_command","return (generate_token(state, redirect_uri, email, password, token))"],["\/var\/task\/lambda_function.py",1049,"generate_token","car =" ... ","do_open","raise URLError(err)"]], errorType=URLError, errorMessage=}"

Is it still working for everyone else?