Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Car/My Tesla - An Alexa skill for Amazon Echo / Tesla integration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2 Teslas a Model Y and a Model X. Initially, they both worked but a few months ago the Model X stopped working. Whenever I switched to the Model X I get "there was an error communicating with car". I've unlinked and relinked a number of times without success.

I just re-linked with my Model X and it is working fine. "error communicating" usually happens when the car is asleep and the app is unable to wake before Alexa's timeout. To confirm if that could be the issue, try this: use the Tesla App perform some operation on the car. Right after that use the EV Car and see if that works.

I just re-linked with my Model X and it is working fine. "error communicating" usually happens when the car is asleep and the app is unable to wake before Alexa's timeout. To confirm if that could be the issue, try this: use the Tesla App perform some operation on the car. Right after that use the EV Car and see if that works.
I tried that but even though the Model X was awake it still got "error communicating". I also disabled the skill and enabled it then re-linked it, but it still got the error. When I use EV Car it connects to my Model Y and I have to switch to the Model X,

I used to have this skill enabled. Used it for 2 years. Suddenly it said account needed re-linking. And when I try, now it says "You are not eligible to enable this skill due to geographical restrictions." I'm in Hong Kong, but my Alexa account is in the UK. Any ideas? Will a VPN help? Will tricking my iPhone location services work? Will moving my amazon account to a different country work? Need a way to get around this please.

I am running home assistant linked my f150 and my model S. Works perfect and full voice control. Also means I can automate things as home assistant views the cars as sensors and switches.

I can turn on hvac Tesla or remote start my truck via Alexa or Google. I have it set to stop charge at 7am on the Tesla. I can see data on both cars.

Regular users would have figured this out already but Tesla has changed authentication mechanism so when linking, the username and password won't currently work. You have to supply an authentication token. The token can be generated using web based tools (use a google search to find your favorite one)

Tesla has changed the way authentication works so the old workflow doesn't work anymore. As a workaround for now try using : https://eviecar.io/auth/authorization.ws . Use the Tesla Authentication link to generate Access Token and then copy and paste that into the EV Car skill linking page.

It is a cumbersome multiple copy/paste workaround but this will be better integrated into the skill itself soon.
Thanks my Model 3 is now linked.

Hello I also have two cars I'd like to control. Was hoping I could use name of car but I guess that doesn't work. When I try the "switch cars" command there is a long pause and then it says "there was an error". So essentially I can only ever get action to work with 1 car.

Reactions: Jimmologist
Tesla has changed the way authentication works so the old workflow doesn't work anymore. As a workaround for now try using : https://eviecar.io/auth/authorization.ws . Use the Tesla Authentication link to generate Access Token and then copy and paste that into the EV Car skill linking page.

It is a cumbersome multiple copy/paste workaround but this will be better integrated into the skill itself soon.
Is this still working? I've tried a few today and get a "401 Client Error". Any idea? Thanks!