Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not really sure where to ask this but I'll try here. I'm sure somewhere on TMC there's talks about this.

Is there any specific formula by which Tesla keeps reducing the price of the used S-es they sell? I've been watching a few for some days and it almost seems random... some go down only by a few hundred $ per day, some more, some change every two days.

Also, is there a limit at which they pull the cars if they don't sell or it's purely a gamble on my side if I keep waiting for a lower price?

This is my example:

price.jpg

There really is no set formula or method. If you watch long enough, Tesla will continually drop the price of their cars, and if they don't sell, they'll INCREASE the price by a few thousand dollars and then repeat the process. It creates a sawtooth chart. Overnight sometimes Tesla drops the price of come cars just $10, others over $1000 or more.

My advice to you and everyone else is: If you find a car you like that fits your criteria, at a reasonable price: JUST BUY IT. Otherwise, if you wait to get a "good deal" either the price will increase, or you'll lose at 2am when the price dropped $100 and someone else snapped it up. If you're spending $50k on a car to last several years, does $100 or even $500 make that much of a difference, if it's the car you've been looking for?

Looks like there's an easy way to find out the location of the cars. It seems to be included in the what looks like an automated reply email Tesla sends when clicking "Request callback" on a used S (must check email as contact prefernce).

I did it for two cars of the past few days and the exact same email came only the location of the cars was different.

I have been looking at buying a Model X CPO from tesla.com for a few months now. Waiting for the right color at the right price on https://ev-cpo.com/hunter/. I found out today that one can purchase a Tesla directly from the previous owner or from other re-sellers(dealers) like cars.com or facebook marketplace or at onlyusedtesla.com. And then purchase an extended warranty from Tesla, the 4 year warranty costs around $6000. Essentially this will become equivalent to the CPO(certified Pre-owned). Is this true ? Any thoughts advice from the experienced folks out here ??

Reactions: EV-CPO
Looks like there's an easy way to find out the location of the cars. It seems to be included in the what looks like an automated reply email Tesla sends when clicking "Request callback" on a used S (must check email as contact prefernce).

I did it for two cars of the past few days and the exact same email came only the location of the cars was different.

Good tip! That's great for individuals, but there's no feasible way to automate that to capture all the data for listing on EV-CPO, without sending hundreds of request callback emails to Tesla, which I'm sure they would not appreciate.

• Funny
Reactions: SmartElectric
My advice to you and everyone else is: If you find a car you like that fits your criteria, at a reasonable price: JUST BUY IT. Otherwise, if you wait to get a "good deal" either the price will increase, or you'll lose at 2am when the price dropped $100 and someone else snapped it up. If you're spending $50k on a car to last several years, does $100 or even $500 make that much of a difference, if it's the car you've been looking for?

This!

I screwed myself out of a good deal today. I waited for a few days, price kept getting better to the point I had my credit card out ready to click buy. Wanted to read some more about the car, clicked refresh and it was gone :(

I am not sure if this has ever been asked. When EVCPO pulls car data is that embedded in the listing from Tesla specifically for that car or is there a database of VINs that provide that info? Basically, could you type in any Tesla Vin and get a list of options?

If you're talking about the Options Lookup Page, that only has data for cars that have been listed for sale by Tesla on their website since early 2015. It does not cover every VIN ever made. Such a list does exist, but I do not have access to it.

If you can acquire the options code list for a car not listed, you can plug that in to get it translated into the option code descriptions.

If you're talking about the Options Lookup Page, that only has data for cars that have been listed for sale by Tesla on their website since early 2015. It does not cover every VIN ever made. Such a list does exist, but I do not have access to it.

If you can acquire the options code list for a car not listed, you can plug that in to get it translated into the option code descriptions.
Thanks. That's sort of what I thought. Did you have to work with Tesla to establish an API for your site or is it some sort of database crawler?

Hello- I am trying to figure out which options to tick to make sure that the car can be fully-upgraded to FSD, and has all the latest hardware. Would I select "Autopilot Hardware Version" 2.5 and 3.0, and also under "Autopilot Software for HW 2/2.5/3" tick "FSD" and "EAP"? Thank you!

Thanks. That's sort of what I thought. Did you have to work with Tesla to establish an API for your site or is it some sort of database crawler?

All the data is published on their New/Inventory and Used websites.

Hello- I am trying to figure out which options to tick to make sure that the car can be fully-upgraded to FSD, and has all the latest hardware. Would I select "Autopilot Hardware Version" 2.5 and 3.0, and also under "Autopilot Software for HW 2/2.5/3" tick "FSD" and "EAP"? Thank you!

I'm not Tesla so I can't tell you with absolute certainty, but any car that has AP hardware 2.0 or above is in theory upgradable to FSD. Cars that already have FSD enabled have been promised a 'free' upgrade to HW3.x to support FSD in whatever form it takes in the future. Cars with EAP or base AP but HW 2.0 or above are again, in theory upgradable to FSD for an additional cost. But to be absolutely sure, you'll have to confirm any specific car's configuration with Tesla to see if it's upgradable. As far as cost goes to upgrade in the future the non-FSD enabled cars, that's anyone guess. Here's a chart that should help you, but it's a bit outdated from March, 2019 so I don't know what's changed since then:

Troy Teslike on Twitter
D1vWnrNWwAAGMuh

your site is amazing. love it.

helped me with my first couple of tesla purchases.

Was wondering how I can view archived listings and what that entails? There's a slider for it but it didn't do anything for me (in Canada)

Specifically looking for P cars. Also looking to see what cars have been on for, what their price history action has been and that sort of thing. Just realised the $ shows price history for a particular car. Awesome feature.

Thanks!