Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure it's been answered, but some of the prices don't seem accurate in the archives for inventory cars. There have been cars sold this year for certain prices that I know of, even one bought myself. When I do a search filtered by lowest price, the prices on the EV-CPO site are higher. Even when I search by VIN, the latest price is higher than the selling price.

I'm sure it's been answered, but some of the prices don't seem accurate in the archives for inventory cars. There have been cars sold this year for certain prices that I know of, even one bought myself. When I do a search filtered by lowest price, the prices on the EV-CPO site are higher. Even when I search by VIN, the latest price is higher than the selling price.

Can you provide some examples? The data on EV-CPO is the exact same, unaltered data that is reported on Tesla's website. If there is a sudden price change and someone buys the car within minutes of the price drop and it's removed from the listings, there's no way for EV-CPO to pick up the 'final' sales price. Sure, I think it's possible to find specific examples of this happening, but in general the system is constantly scanning Tesla's website for the most up-to-date pricing for all listed cars. Since Tesla doesn't publish a data stream of "sold" cars and the selling price, there's no way to actually know what price any car actually sold for. EV-CPO and all the consolidators can only report exactly what Tesla publishes online.

Can you provide some examples? The data on EV-CPO is the exact same, unaltered data that is reported on Tesla's website. If there is a sudden price change and someone buys the car within minutes of the price drop and it's removed from the listings, there's no way for EV-CPO to pick up the 'final' sales price. Sure, I think it's possible to find specific examples of this happening, but in general the system is constantly scanning Tesla's website for the most up-to-date pricing for all listed cars. Since Tesla doesn't publish a data stream of "sold" cars and the selling price, there's no way to actually know what price any car actually sold for. EV-CPO and all the consolidators can only report exactly what Tesla publishes online.

Maybe they were the ones that get picked up quickly

"Conv" is AP1 and "Autopilot Convenience Features".
"EAP" is AP2+ and "Enhanced Autopilot"
"FSD" is AP2+ and "Full Self Driving"
"AP" is AP2+ and "Autopilot" which can mean several different things.

This chart should help explain the maze of AP terminology:

D1vWnrNWwAAGMuh

Reactions: SmartElectric
So you cant do a summon with an AP1 COnv ?

Yes, you can do "Summon" with AP1, but it's really only limited to going into or out of your garage, or straight forward or back like in a parking lot. AP1 can also do parallel parking and angled parking.

But AP1 can NOT do "Smart Summon" which is getting all the attention now with AP2+.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Ahh i see.

The reason i ask is im considering getting a 2013/14 85 with no ap1 or if i can find a 14 with ap1, or a 15.
looking to spend 35k max and keep the mileage under 60k and pano roof. not sure if this is feasible. My other concern is the lack of warranty with such a high mileage car and the 2013/2014 getting close to their end of 8y warranty.

Ya but i noticed theres no free super charging with the cpo ones, but it seem slike the 2/4 warranty is worth more than the supercharging.

If you drive 20000 km on road trips, you'd save less than $700 with free supercharging.
Vs an out of warranty service item like a cabin heater replacement would be at least that much.

I'd go for a 4 year extended warranty on a used Model S all day long vs unlimited supercharging.

Note:
The repairs covered under our CPO 4 year warranty that would otherwise been out of pocket:
  • air suspension (two of the four replaced)
  • cabin heater
  • battery heater core
  • door handle
  • garage door opener wiring harness
  • tail light (water/moisture)
This is on a 2013 (early production VIN 6000-ish) Model S.

We also have a drive motor replacement (for noise, still worked fine) which was covered under the original 8 year unlimited distance drive train warranty.

The S is an amazing car, but an older S is best purchased with warranty where possible.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: alloverx
Hey Hank, there’s no way to get those demo/inventory/test drive vehicles listed right? It seems only OAs have access to those?

Guessing not which is a shame, I’d happily pay more for that access.

Unfortunately, no. Whatever Tesla publishes online is what's available to see here. The "internal" list is internal for a reason! But demo/inventory cars are included in the cars that are listed online, just not all of them. I've asked Tesla several times for access to their unlisted inventory, but as you can imagine... I've never managed to convince them to supply it. :rolleyes: