TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

EV-friendly campgrounds in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Tae Jo, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Tae Jo

Tae Jo Member

Hi! My vehicle is coming late april/early may, and I'm hoping to go on a road trip from Toronto to Cape Breton Island by myself for a month or so. Since the route up to Montreal is covered by SC, I'm hoping to find EV-friendly campgrounds in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia so that I can charge the car overnight. I haven't camped out in a long time so I don't know much camping, let alone with an EV. Any tips from veteran campers and campground recom would be much appreciated!

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

3. MacLeodMX

MacLeodMX Member

When you get to Cape Breton check out the Glenora Distillery. Great place to stay and they have a fantastic restaurant with live music. And of course the Sun Country Highway charger I donated should be installed by then. Have fun!!

4. wayner

wayner Active Member

Not to mention that it is very close to Inverness which is home to (soon to be) two of the top golf courses in Canada. You can also stay there at Cabot Links which likely has the best lodging in that part of CBI.

Let us know if you get any 3G in that part of CBI as there is no Rogers network along the Cabot Trail or anywhere on the west coast of CBI - I always lose my signal upon leaving Pt Hawkesbury. That would tell us whether the vehicles are indeed roaming onto the Belus network.

5. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

The SCH EV trip planner works very well...I used it exclusively when I drove the Roadster out to P.E.I. two years ago...I'm sure the SCH network in P.Q. / NB / NS / PEI has expanded a bit since that trip...

6. 5YJSA

5YJSA Member

I'm curious about this. It's not listed on the plugshare or sun country maps. Did it never happen?

7. DMC-Orangeville

DMC-Orangeville 85D and John Deere 5100E

I was there in June. No charger then. But they did have an excellent 19 year old single malt. (I HAD to take it home)

8. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

If you go up to North Sydney, there is a small campground there called "Arm of Gold"...friendly to EVs, and he had at least half a dozen brand new NEMA 14-50 spots (50 amp).

We used them to fully charge before heading over to Newfoundland on the ferry.

• Informative x 1
  9. MacLeodMX

MacLeodMX Member

It is there now - the Distillery sent me an email and photo in September. SunCountry also personally confirmed with me, but I dont see it on their charger map yet.

• Like x 1