TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

EV Trip PLanner and Model X

Discussion in 'Model X: Battery & Charging' started by swesson, May 5, 2016.

1. swesson

swesson Member

Has anyone with a Model X used EV Trip Planner for making a long trip? How conservative did you find its data since the Model X isn't in the database yet? It seems that when I use a S85D with small tires, it still has most of my segments at less than 100 miles, making me think if I drive conservatively, I could stretch some of those into 200 mile segments. I also understand that 100 mile segments would keep my charging times lower, so maybe that's the trade off.

2. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

3. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

I find using the p85 with 22" wheels pretty closely matches my P90D.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. EVTripPlanner

EVTripPlanner Member

Hello everyone, this is Ben, the creator of EVTripPlanner here. I'd like the support the Model X, but the problem is I don't have a reliable source of data to figure out how much energy it consumes under various conditions. It would really help me out if you could download a program which would send data about your car (position, speed, energy usage, etc), so that I could use that data to create an algorithm for the Model X. For the full details and a link to download the program, go to EV Trip Planner

• Like x 5
    • Helpful x 1
  5. gfb107

gfb107 Member

#5 gfb107, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    @EVTripPlanner
    You're jar file won't run as is.

Code:
    >java -jar Tracker.jar
    Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/gson/JsonElement
            at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
            at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.Class.privateGetMethodRecursive(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)
            at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.validateMainClass(Unknown Source)
            at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.gson.JsonElement
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            ... 7 more
    I got it working because I'm a Java/Scala developer, but most folks here won't know what to do.

6. EVTripPlanner

EVTripPlanner Member

Oops! I forgot to package one of the dependencies. It should work now. Thanks @gfb107 for noticing.

7. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Works. Running on an old Mac-as-server. Only a few commutes planned for the next few days but have a few months of data in TeslaLog if some sort of abstract would be helpful.

8. ccutrer

ccutrer Active Member

I'm all set up. Hope to get you good data soon!

9. SSD420

SSD420 Member

image.png Right now I'm going to take my 90D for its first ever mini-road trip..

I charged to 100% and got this.. Wish me luck. There are no superchargers where i am going. I do have plugshare installed on my iPhone and have noted a few places kind of out of my way to
    Get power