Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Trip PLanner and Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone with a Model X used EV Trip Planner for making a long trip? How conservative did you find its data since the Model X isn't in the database yet? It seems that when I use a S85D with small tires, it still has most of my segments at less than 100 miles, making me think if I drive conservatively, I could stretch some of those into 200 mile segments. I also understand that 100 mile segments would keep my charging times lower, so maybe that's the trade off.

Hello everyone, this is Ben, the creator of EVTripPlanner here. I'd like the support the Model X, but the problem is I don't have a reliable source of data to figure out how much energy it consumes under various conditions. It would really help me out if you could download a program which would send data about your car (position, speed, energy usage, etc), so that I could use that data to create an algorithm for the Model X. For the full details and a link to download the program, go to EV Trip Planner

@EVTripPlanner
You're jar file won't run as is.

Code:
>java -jar Tracker.jar
Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/gson/JsonElement
        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetMethodRecursive(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)
        at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.validateMainClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.gson.JsonElement
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        ... 7 more

I got it working because I'm a Java/Scala developer, but most folks here won't know what to do.

Hello everyone, this is Ben, the creator of EVTripPlanner here. I'd like the support the Model X, but the problem is I don't have a reliable source of data to figure out how much energy it consumes under various conditions. It would really help me out if you could download a program which would send data about your car (position, speed, energy usage, etc), so that I could use that data to create an algorithm for the Model X. For the full details and a link to download the program, go to EV Trip Planner

Last edited:
I'm all set up. Hope to get you good data soon!

image.png
Right now I'm going to take my 90D for its first ever mini-road trip..

I charged to 100% and got this.. Wish me luck. There are no superchargers where i am going. I do have plugshare installed on my iPhone and have noted a few places kind of out of my way to
Get power