Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Wheels Direct

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Victor66 The factory Tesla Model 3 plus one 19" tire size is a 235/40-19, but not all 235/40-19 are created equal (which is probably why your tire shop said "these tires wouldn't support the load").

The tires have to be rated at a 96 Load Rating. Good info here:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=35

T Sportline seems to have all the proper load rated tires here:
Tesla Model 3 19

All four tires they offer are 96 Load Rated.

The main thing I like about T Sportline is they have a phone number and actually pick up (most of the time). Easy for many online companies in this day and age to hide behind an email/website when there's a problem. T Sportline also tends to have sales time to time. Labor Day is around the corner...

I’m getting my performance model 3 derived soon. I’m looking at both Tsportline and Ev wheels direct for wheels. I’m looking at 19” just for the winter months and then switch back to my 20” for summer. However, I was wondering what winter tires I should get. I was looking at pirelli - winter 240 sorrozero serie II. It’s quite difficult to find the what Tsportline recommends for winters in Canada. Please, any recommendations! The sale for Tsportline starts Thursday and Ev wheels is on right now!

I’m getting my performance model 3 derived soon. I’m looking at both Tsportline and Ev wheels direct for wheels. I’m looking at 19” just for the winter months and then switch back to my 20” for summer. However, I was wondering what winter tires I should get. I was looking at pirelli - winter 240 sorrozero serie II. It’s quite difficult to find the what Tsportline recommends for winters in Canada. Please, any recommendations! The sale for Tsportline starts Thursday and Ev wheels is on right now!
Nokian Hakkapeliita R3, Michelin XIce 3 and the Pirelli Sottozero 2/3 are the top picks for most people this past winter.

All of those tires can be sourced in 19".

I've also listed them in order of the perceived ranking from all the discussions about them this past winter
Really? Do you have a good place to get them? I can find the pirelli sottozero 2 very easy but all the others I can’t find anywhere! Also, I was wondering where to get TPMS sensors if I decided to not get the package from Tsportline? Sorry, I’m new at this.

Really? Do you have a good place to get them? I can find the pirelli sottozero 2 very easy but all the others I can’t find anywhere! Also, I was wondering where to get TPMS sensors if I decided to not get the package from Tsportline? Sorry, I’m new at this.
Not too familiar with tire shops in Alberta but you can get the Nokians and Michelin for sure from Kal Tire. You can get the Michelins from Costco as well.

Not sure about the Pirellis since I didn't consider them as an option when I was doing my research. You can likely reserve a set now for installation at a future date. There will be manufacturer rebates happening likely starting in October which you will be applicable for at the time of paying your full balance owed on the tires.

I got my second set of TPMS sensors from eBay.

Heard T Sportline's are going on sale this week with free ship to Canada! looks like Tesla also sells Sottozero 3 on their 19" Winter Package.

Tsportlines cost 2x of evwheel direct...currently they have 25% off till tomorrow $1000 with tax and shipping for 20" turbines...not bad

can anyone share their exprience?

can you please post pictures of the 20" black onyx...

i have a gray metallic paint, wondering if onyx or glossy black will look better

Tsportlines cost 2x of evwheel direct...currently they have 25% off till tomorrow $1000 with tax and shipping for 20" turbines...not bad

can anyone share their exprience?

can you please post pictures of the 20" black onyx...

i have a gray metallic paint, wondering if onyx or glossy black will look better

I have a set of the 20" turbines in satin black, they've used a few of my photos on the product page actually, I'm super happy with them, have had them on a little over 20,000km, no problems at all. I got in early before they started shipping and got them shipped for free to Australia (at a cost of $1300 US dollar shipping cost, more than the cost of the wheels).

I have a set of the 20" turbines in satin black, they've used a few of my photos on the product page actually, I'm super happy with them, have had them on a little over 20,000km, no problems at all. I got in early before they started shipping and got them shipped for free to Australia (at a cost of $1300 US dollar shipping cost, more than the cost of the wheels).
Can you post a picture of your car with the 20" in satin black

Can you post a picture of your car with the 20" in satin black
_MG_1314.JPG
IMG_0157.JPG

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone taken a look at this website evwheelsdirect.com?

The prices seem to be better than what T-Sportline is offering for their wheels. They offer 18", 19", and 20" wheels and apparently they fit the OEM tires that come with the car.

I am not very knowledgeable about wheels so I was hoping someone who knows more than I do could provide their thoughts.

Thanks,

Puneet

You should know your wheel size before you purchase. I'm sure many on this board had a good experience with this vendor, but I have not. I mistakenly ordered 20x10 wheels and when my tire shop tried to install the fronts, they would not fit, so I notified EVwheel direct about the problem and was notified they would do a wheel swap, but whoever runs this place doesn't take phone calls ("to keep costs down, we only communicate by Email"). So when they got a shipment of 20x8.5 wheels (Black Onyx), the most popular, they notified me and asked for a good shipment date. I provided the timeframe I would be available and that was the last I heard from EVWheel Direct.

So I decided to find out where this vendor was located and still have not been able to locate whether EVWheel Direct is located in Reno, Nevada where they ship the wheels, or in Las Vegas where they keep an address or in Fremont, CA where the only name associated with this vendor exists. None of the Secretaries of State can find them either for Small Claims issues. I will keep on this until I get all the answers, but buyer beware. My ignorance has cost a lot of time and money. But if this vendor is operating illegally, then everyone may have an issue if any of these wheels cause a crash.

Thanks,

Tom

I am considering the EVV turbine wheels for a new M3P coming in June, I like the T Sport Line but appears they no longer offer silver color, not sure why? Any updates on quality of the EVV wheesl for those that have been running them for a while?

EV Wheels direct 20x8.5 gray for my winter tires. I really wanted the Onyx but they have been sold out quite awhile.
I had a great purchasing experience, the discount at the time was more than enough to cover the TPMS. Shipping was excellent through FedEx, only 3/4 days from order to my door. Quality seems good and I ended up liking the look on MSM.
i would buy another set of EVT in Onyx to get away from my oem 22s if they stocked them, I already have the tires

Attachments

• B5E7F70A-BF8B-409C-8D9D-CCB05F22602C.jpeg
    B5E7F70A-BF8B-409C-8D9D-CCB05F22602C.jpeg
    411.3 KB · Views: 73
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone taken a look at this website evwheelsdirect.com?

The prices seem to be better than what T-Sportline is offering for their wheels. They offer 18", 19", and 20" wheels and apparently they fit the OEM tires that come with the car.

I am not very knowledgeable about wheels so I was hoping someone who knows more than I do could provide their thoughts.

Thanks,

Puneet
I bought wheels for my Performance Model (see photo), from EV Wheels Direct to mount my winter tires, and they are fine. It took a while to get them but they said they were waiting for a shipment from the manufacturer (in China), hence the delay. They did arrive and the guys at the tire shop where I had the tires mounted said they looked like very nice quality wheels. I've had no issues with them - even the tire pressure sensors work seamlessly. I'm sure there may be someone with an issue out there, but I experienced none. Nice wheels.