TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

EVAnnex CubbyCap review

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by seclinton, Feb 7, 2016.

1. seclinton

seclinton Member

Having been a fan of the EVAnnex CCI, I recently bought the cubbycap as an addon.

this is just a quick review:
    - build quality is good
    - adhesives are aligned reasonably well, but honestly, some better fixturing could improve this
    - the magnetic catch is easy to align clasps well with a good click
    - mine being the CF finish looks great and matches the car interior and CCI well

i did find the cap easy to align, but not so much during the final mounting. I had trouble getting the right side adhesive to stick at first, but now it seems fixed and stable. This is a PSA type adhesive, so pressing hard for 10-15 seconds is about enough, and it seems to have "cured" stronger overnight.

overall, I like the addition. What does everyone think?

image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

Thank for takin the time to post a review. I have toyed with getting this, since if I punch it, my headphones come flying out. By biggest concerns were putting it on straight (which you address) and strength of the hinge.

O

3. JPP

JPP Active Member

FWIW I got a couple of CubbyCaps when evannex first introduced them. AFAIK you can only now get them as an add on to a CCI.

4. Reekdog

Reekdog Member

Question, how does your fastback transponder work for you mounted inside the cubby?

5. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

If you ask nicely, they will sell cubby cover with any $500 purchase.