TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Ever wanted to know how many bales of hay a Model S can haul?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by vvanders, Dec 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. vvanders

vvanders Member

Two, in case you were wondering.

23784420432_8358cb9521_z.jpg

23866648176_b074fc2d54_z.jpg

ICE wasn't running(dead battery due to not driving it as often as we should) so decided to take the Tesla. I will say that getting the 120# bales out of the back is a bit easier in the Subaru. Maybe Tesla needs to come out with a pickup truck next!

2. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

Ok, this is very wrong. Tarp or not.
    And no... We do not want to know how many cubic feet of manure the S can lug around either.
    :smile:

3. vvanders

vvanders Member

Eh, a car is a tool meant to be used, little bit of vacuuming and it'll be back to how it was before.

And yes, we've hauled manure as well(bat guano) to no ill effect :).

4. DMC-Orangeville

DMC-Orangeville 85D and John Deere 5100E

Big bales! Mine are 40 lb bales. I might get 6 in mine......but I'm not going to try it.

....and manure is out of the picture too

I think I'll stick with this for hauling hay (and people too!)
    HAY RIDE.jpg

5. vvanders

vvanders Member

Nice! We've only have 2.5 acres here so no need for big gear as much fun as it would be.

6. Mark Z

Mark Z Active Member

While Model X may not hold as much, it could be used with an attached trailer for the bales of hay.

Thanks to all for sharing the photos. You made my day a bit brighter.

I hope you all with enjoy some rest from work on Christmas Day and New Years Day!

7. DMC-Orangeville

DMC-Orangeville 85D and John Deere 5100E

Merry Christmas!

I think we could photoshop an "X" hauling that hay wagon..... (see my avatar as an example)

Tractors are plenty of fun. I need it....100 acre farm has to have some "toys" to get the work done. Even moving manure is a blast....like playing with toys in a sand box. BTW, this is just the baby tractor.....

8. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Those aren't bales!

THESE are bales:
    New_White_Dually_HB_350_Original.jpg

(Picture from Google, I don't make it a habit to photograph bales around here. :) )

Count me in on the Green Tractor club. 4720 used extensively in my orchard w/ jet-blast sprayer, loader, blade, forks, etc.

9. tga

tga Supporting Member

#9 tga, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    2305 here (the baby Deere). Loader, backhoe, belly mower, bagger, and front mount 49" snowblower (which I haven't needed yet this year)

10. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Well...no...But... I can fit 55 30"x30"x20" HUGE floor pillows that I make for a non profit in mine. At least 20% more than in my Acura RDX CUV. I was shocked.

11. McHoffa

McHoffa Active Member

I think I'd rather buy a beater truck for the occasional haul (or rent a truck) than get that mess in a Tesla. I regretted hauling hay in my Honda Fit once.

12. martinwinlow

martinwinlow Member

"Ever wanted to know how many bales of hay a Model S can haul?"

NO!

MW