Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ever wanted to know how many bales of hay a Model S can haul?

vvanders

Oct 22, 2014
Portland, Or
Two, in case you were wondering.

23784420432_8358cb9521_z.jpg

23866648176_b074fc2d54_z.jpg

ICE wasn't running(dead battery due to not driving it as often as we should) so decided to take the Tesla. I will say that getting the 120# bales out of the back is a bit easier in the Subaru. Maybe Tesla needs to come out with a pickup truck next!

vvanders

Oct 22, 2014
Portland, Or
Eh, a car is a tool meant to be used, little bit of vacuuming and it'll be back to how it was before.

And yes, we've hauled manure as well(bat guano) to no ill effect :).

DMC-Orangeville

85D and John Deere 5100E
Feb 14, 2015
Orangeville ON Canada
Big bales! Mine are 40 lb bales. I might get 6 in mine......but I'm not going to try it.

....and manure is out of the picture too

I think I'll stick with this for hauling hay (and people too!)
HAY RIDE.jpg

Mark Z

Mar 12, 2013
North Orange County
While Model X may not hold as much, it could be used with an attached trailer for the bales of hay.

Thanks to all for sharing the photos. You made my day a bit brighter.

I hope you all with enjoy some rest from work on Christmas Day and New Years Day!

DMC-Orangeville

85D and John Deere 5100E
Feb 14, 2015
Orangeville ON Canada
While Model X may not hold as much, it could be used with an attached trailer for the bales of hay.

Thanks to all for sharing the photos. You made my day a bit brighter.

I hope you all with enjoy some rest from work on Christmas Day and New Years Day!

Merry Christmas!

I think we could photoshop an "X" hauling that hay wagon..... (see my avatar as an example)

Nice! We've only have 2.5 acres here so no need for big gear as much fun as it would be.

Tractors are plenty of fun. I need it....100 acre farm has to have some "toys" to get the work done. Even moving manure is a blast....like playing with toys in a sand box. BTW, this is just the baby tractor.....

FlasherZ

Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv
Jun 21, 2012
Those aren't bales!

THESE are bales:
New_White_Dually_HB_350_Original.jpg

(Picture from Google, I don't make it a habit to photograph bales around here. :) )

Count me in on the Green Tractor club. 4720 used extensively in my orchard w/ jet-blast sprayer, loader, blade, forks, etc.

tga

Supporting Member
Apr 8, 2014
New Hampshire
Count me in on the Green Tractor club. 4720 used extensively in my orchard w/ jet-blast sprayer, loader, blade, forks, etc.
2305 here (the baby Deere). Loader, backhoe, belly mower, bagger, and front mount 49" snowblower (which I haven't needed yet this year)

Last edited:

McHoffa

EV.network
Sep 29, 2015
Canton, NC
I think I'd rather buy a beater truck for the occasional haul (or rent a truck) than get that mess in a Tesla. I regretted hauling hay in my Honda Fit once.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC