Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Every time I get into my new M3 music doesn’t autoplay and it tells me to “Choose Media Source”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wish the Model 3 had "resume play" on what USB media folder I was playing on last drive. Also, music should be tied to the drivers profile so whoever is driving gets to resume the music they were last listening to!
This would be so good for say audio-books and saved podcasts on mp3. I don't want to be searching through a folder of 20 hour long mp3's to resume the right mp3 in the right place each drive!

Looks like yours was built with the group that got the bad FM antenna. FM radio stopped working

Sorry for not thinking to post back until I just now saw your comment in my TMC alerts but the next morning everything worked. No idea what changed overnight but my situation rectified itself overnight and the alert in the car’s screen disappeared and stations and logos went back to normal. Maybe sitting overnight? Didn’t do anything special so head scratcher.

Wish the Model 3 had "resume play" on what USB media folder I was playing on last drive. Also, music should be tied to the drivers profile so whoever is driving gets to resume the music they were last listening to!
This would be so good for say audio-books and saved podcasts on mp3. I don't want to be searching through a folder of 20 hour long mp3's to resume the right mp3 in the right place each drive!
There was a suggestion on another thread to just do a voice command and say "USB" when you get in. It works for me to resume where it left off before, it even seems to work if you say it after you've driven off.

There was a suggestion on another thread to just do a voice command and say "USB" when you get in. It works for me to resume where it left off before, it even seems to work if you say it after you've driven off.
What, really? Saying USB with the voice button makes it resume? I'll give it a go , but not heard of this. Is it documented anyway what voice commands work?

Had this problem for a while with no solution, until this. Works like a charm. Crazy. Thanks!
OMG!!! I really did not expect that to work!!! But yeah just saying "USB" while pressing the right voice button, and it resumed playing the track I was listening to from before! It's not worked on one occasion - but the other three or four times it worked!

Now just need Tesla to add more voice commands. Would like "skip back xx seconds" / "skip forward xx seconds" + "skip back/forward xx minutes" . Would be really useful for podcasts and audiobooks - especially if you've missed a bit due to the satnav chatting away or needing to extra-concentrate on some driving! Some of my audio books and podcasts are 1 hour long and fast-forwarding / rewinding through them is a pain and impossible to do while driving!

OMG!!! I really did not expect that to work!!! But yeah just saying "USB" while pressing the right voice button, and it resumed playing the track I was listening to from before! It's not worked on one occasion - but the other three or four times it worked!

Now just need Tesla to add more voice commands. Would like "skip back xx seconds" / "skip forward xx seconds" + "skip back/forward xx minutes" . Would be really useful for podcasts and audiobooks - especially if you've missed a bit due to the satnav chatting away or needing to extra-concentrate on some driving! Some of my audio books and podcasts are 1 hour long and fast-forwarding / rewinding through them is a pain and impossible to do while driving!
I just tried that voice command for the first time today, and it worked like a charm on my 2016 Model S. Thanks big time to cat7 for finding that information from another post.