Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Everything wrong with V11 update / user interface.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More complicated?...its a tap. I prefer the screen real estate to be less cluttered. We are both served well this way...I get my screen kept free of clutter and you only have one more tap for that vital piece of information!
That was one tap on the LTE icon that bring a small Wi-Fi connection window. Now you you have to go in the menu which hides the whole map.

I've filed something to the NHTSA already. It'll be much more likely to get Tesla to respond through a regulatory agency than going with them directly. I've also already told the service center to revert be back to v10.
Thanks for wasting the NHTSA's time on something so peripheral to their mission. It's equivalent to reporting someone to EPA for dropping a candy wrapper on the sidewalk.

It feels like the new UI has been rushed to be rolled out before Christmas.
But hey, we have a light show now! Nothing beats a light show every morning to get you in the mood for all the unnecessary screen tapping you'll have to do the rest of the day!
I hope that’s the case. It does seem like it’s laying the framework for something better.

Reactions: TexasTezla
Can you tell us why you need to see signal bars all the time? What is the reason? It sounds like YOU are the nerd here...

I haven’t tried it when the signal is low, but that’s when I’d like to see an indication. Eg you maps, radio, whatever are being impacted because of low bars.

In any case, since the car is so connected I feel one one make the same argument as for a cellphone. Why does it show the signal strength all the time?

I think most sensible people share your thoughts on this!
I can see people sending emails to Tesla Service about their concerns regarding V11. But there are so many Tesla's on the road now that unless hundreds of thousands of owners do so, it will have zero impact. I'm sure that some of the key concerns like the location and visibility of certain icons will be addressed. I expect the bottom icon bar will expand and eventually new icons will be available. Tesla may even create more flexibility in the sizing of the visualization and navigation panes. But the rest? Not happening. Nor should it.

I haven’t tried it when the signal is low, but that’s when I’d like to see an indication. Eg you maps, radio, whatever are being impacted because of low bars.

In any case, since the car is so connected I feel one one make the same argument as for a cellphone. Why does it show the signal strength all the time?
And you can see the indication...just press one button and its all there. regarding your analogy to the phone, when I am watching say a YouTube video on landscape on my phone, the bars are gone...to see the bars I need to do an action, ie move the phone to portrait.

I can see people sending emails to Tesla Service about their concerns regarding V11. But there are so many Tesla's on the road now that unless hundreds of thousands of owners do so, it will have zero impact. I'm sure that some of the key concerns like the location and visibility of certain icons will be addressed. I expect the bottom icon bar will expand and eventually new icons will be available. Tesla may even create more flexibility in the sizing of the visualization and navigation panes. But the rest? Not happening. Nor should it.
100% agree

I think if they offer more than 4 icons on the bottom tray, this may fix a lot of concerns. They'll need to add a Wiper icon and a Headlight icon to finish it off.
Any other icons we need in the app box? That should cover it. This can be easily remedied with removing the most recent section. Who cares what was recently used.
Actually although I agree in principle I disagree with a wiper icon. All you need to do is press the end of the stalk to bring up the control. The lights, although simple for me to access, could be a good icon for those that need it. Oddly, half of the complaints were about tire pressure, dashcam and seat heaters. How one extra button press or swipe up (for those that don't like voice control) can be conceived as 'dangerous' and a safety concern' is IMO ridiculous.

Actually although I agree in principle I disagree with a wiper icon. All you need to do is press the end of the stalk to bring up the control. The lights, although simple for me to access, could be a good icon for those that need it. Oddly, half of the complaints were about tire pressure, dashcam and seat heaters. How one extra button press or swipe up (for those that don't like voice control) can be conceived as 'dangerous' and a safety concern' is IMO ridiculous.
This is why we need more customization control. What’s important into people is clearly varying to some degree; however, there are a couple of underlying themes one being: feature X should be on the bottom bar of the default screen. People have opinions of what X is, but if it was customizable they could make a lot of people happier. And it’s customizable now, just not with the options people are complaining about. So go add those.

Reactions: DenkiJidousha