Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Everything wrong with V11 update / user interface.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's different here in Norway. Low beams are always on regardless of what you do. You can't turn them off while driving as that is the law here. Pushing the stick back turns on the high beams and pulling it forward is used to flash high beams. So yes, to access the light controls your way I do need to flash my lights. That said, lights are not my big concern. Wipers are. I had a scary moment on the highway passing trucks in torrential rain when auto wipers didn't come on. They don't work in snow either.
auto wipes have always and always will be broken though. you can still single click the stalk for one wipe. wiper functionality hasn't really changed in this iteration other than the speed targets (buttons) are much smaller than before

It's different here in Norway. Low beams are always on regardless of what you do. You can't turn them off while driving as that is the law here. Pushing the stick back turns on the high beams and pulling it forward is used to flash high beams. So yes, to access the light controls your way I do need to flash my lights. That said, lights are not my big concern. Wipers are. I had a scary moment on the highway passing trucks in torrential rain when auto wipers didn't come on. They don't work in snow either.
Cant talk for Norway. I am talking for what works here. But as you said...who is going to be constantly needing access to the lights settings. As for wipers and torrential rain...if you are driving into rain and the wipers don't come on (for whatever reason), then just press the stalk button and they come on immediately, then hit 1,2 or 3...what was the scary moment? Did you just not clear the windows? As for snow...well if you KNOW it doesnt detect snow then just press the stalk button and set to 1,2 or 3...cant help you there as I dont suffer these same problems...

again I'm pointing out that things are more difficult or at best hidden vs before. so I really don't understand how anyone can make the argument that v11 in its current state is any kind of an improvement
Hidden? As always with Tesla, there are a hundred videos on YouTube already explaining all of this. As for not understanding...that's evident I'm afraid. Look at the poll numbers...so far 1/3 polled think it is better...of course, it is always the case that the dislikers are going to be coming on to vent their frustration so the poll numbers are not a surprise. Seems like 1/3 do understand and prefer v11 but you cant understand why...well, I'm not going through the list as to why I prefer v11 over 10...I just do!

Hidden? As always with Tesla, there are a hundred videos on YouTube already explaining all of this. As for not understanding...that's evident I'm afraid. Look at the poll numbers...so far 1/3 polled think it is better...of course, it is always the case that the dislikers are going to be coming on to vent their frustration so the poll numbers are not a surprise. Seems like 1/3 do understand and prefer v11 but you cant understand why...well, I'm not going through the list as to why I prefer v11 over 10...I just do!
a perfect response that also proves my point.

Reactions: M3-Ita
auto wipes have always and always will be broken though. you can still single click the stalk for one wipe. wiper functionality hasn't really changed in this iteration other than the speed targets (buttons) are much smaller than before
Yes but it isn't fast enough to hit that button when you literally can not see out of the window for a few seconds. Scared the hell out of me at the time. I do think this iteration of the UI is just more Elon nonsense which I have got used to over the years so it doesn't bother me that much.

Reactions: M3-Ita
Cant talk for Norway. I am talking for what works here. But as you said...who is going to be constantly needing access to the lights settings. As for wipers and torrential rain...if you are driving into rain and the wipers don't come on (for whatever reason), then just press the stalk button and they come on immediately, then hit 1,2 or 3...what was the scary moment? Did you just not clear the windows? As for snow...well if you KNOW it doesnt detect snow then just press the stalk button and set to 1,2 or 3...cant help you there as I dont suffer these same problems...
The hitting the button solution is not fast enough at speed when you literally can not see out of the window for a few seconds because of the quantity of water and you are overtaking huge trucks. I frantically hit the button and basically just hung on and hoped, I didn't die so that was a plus but I really didn't appreciate being put through that. In my X I would have just instantly twisted the control stalk and be fine. We get a lot of snow here so like all Tesla automation, I have auto wipers turned off.

Yes but it isn't fast enough to hit that button when you literally can not see out of the window for a few seconds. Scared the hell out of me at the time. I do think this iteration of the UI is just more Elon nonsense which I have got used to over the years so it doesn't bother me that much.
how anyone can argue that the removal of features is a good thing just really makes me worried about owning this car long term that such decisions can be defended fervently by its owners

how anyone can argue that the removal of features is a good thing just really makes me worried about owning this car long term that such decisions can be defended fervently by its owners
What features have been removed??? I can only suggest you go back to a car with buttons everywhere because you sound like someone who isnt doing so well with technology.

Also you mentioned this..."anyways the UI changes are not a big deal to me. the most egregious is how difficult to see the map is at night, but some people on reddit believe that to be a software bug"

So now UI changes are feature removal and you are now worried about owning the car? See how ridiculous you sound?

What features have been removed??? I can only suggest you go back to a car with buttons everywhere because you sound like someone who isnt doing so well with technology
maybe you don't interact with your car very much?
1. Trip cards
2. Bolder speedometer font
3. Contrast for side streets in maps during dark mode
4. Supercharger locations in map without toggling the general chargers overlay
5. Quick controls for vehicle functions in bottom dock (most importantly removing the quick defrost buttons)
6. More controls in top menubar including lock/unlock, driving profiles, and save dashcam video

The exceptions confirm the rule ! ! ! ;););)
I was waiting curiously for your answer. . . because your “ defense “ of this (absurd) version is at least suspect . . . are you a tesla employee ? ? ?
I am not defending anything! I dont have to defend anything. I am merely stating I prefer this version over the last one. It's square headed people who cant seem to grasp that. A bit like Bush and his ridiculous "you are either with us or with the terrorists" comment.

maybe you don't interact with your car very much?
1. Trip cards
2. Bolder speedometer font
3. Contrast for side streets in maps during dark mode
4. Supercharger locations in map without toggling the general chargers overlay
5. Quick controls for vehicle functions in bottom dock (most importantly removing the quick defrost buttons)
6. More controls in top menubar including lock/unlock, driving profiles, and save dashcam video
Trip cards...they are still there in a different format...personal taste
Bolder speedometer font...that isnt a feature...thats a personal taste
Contrast for side streets...v11 didnt change any of that.
Supercharger locations in map is MUCH better to toggle in my opinion...I dont want overlays I dont need to see all the time...again taste not feature removal
Quick controls still there if you bother to find out how to access
More controls in top menu bar...much cleaner on the Nav without them there...again personal taste over feature removal..

You need to be able to distinguish feature removal from personal taste. Those features are all still there but they may not be to YOUR liking.

As for interaction with my car...was it me who said "oh i need to try this. this is when you push the stalk in (turning on permanent highbeams)?" I mean come on, this is Model 3 101 stuff right there!

I am not defending anything! I dont have to defend anything. I am merely stating I prefer this version over the last one. It's square headed people who cant seem to grasp that. A bit like Bush and his ridiculous "you are either with us or with the terrorists" comment.
No, you are not saying that you prefer this version but you are arguing that it is better than the old one. . .
So I tell you that, for me, it is (after having 3 tesla) the worst result conceived by square heads who, probably, do not even have a driving license

No, you are not saying that you prefer this version but you are arguing that it is better than the old one. . .
So I tell you that, for me, it is (after having 3 tesla) the worst result conceived by square heads who, probably, do not even have a driving license
Sigh. OK, let me spell it out for you...I am not arguing it is better than the old one. I am arguing that it is BETTER for me! You seem to fail to grasp the difference? I believe that for me this version is BETTER than v10. It is BETTER for me and apparently for many others who have upvoted v11 over v10. If it isn't better for you then do something about it!

Trip cards...they are still there in a different format...personal taste
Bolder speedometer font...that isnt a feature...thats a personal taste
Contrast for side streets...v11 didnt change any of that.
Supercharger locations in map is MUCH better to toggle in my opinion...I dont want overlays I dont need to see all the time...again taste not feature removal
Quick controls still there if you bother to find out how to access
More controls in top menu bar...much cleaner on the Nav without them there...again personal taste over feature removal..

You need to be able to distinguish feature removal from personal taste. Those features are all still there but they may not be to YOUR liking.

As for interaction with my car...was it me who said "oh i need to try this. this is when you push the stalk in (turning on permanent highbeams)?" I mean come on, this is Model 3 101 stuff right there!
it's easy to brush off everything as a matter of personal taste, but there are UX guidelines that the software industry especially the auto industry is forced to abide by even from the NHTSA, so cool. These features have been removed because they can only be accessed in a completely different manner. The ability to look at the information presented in the cards for example used to be in a quick swipe, but is now hidden behind two menus, and that is a feature removal.

Sigh. OK, let me spell it out for you...I am not arguing it is better than the old one. I am arguing that it is BETTER for me! You seem to fail to grasp the difference? I believe that for me this version is BETTER than v10. It is BETTER for me and apparently for many others who have upvoted v11 over v10. If it isn't better for you then do something about it!
I already opened a ticket to service . . . and I hope that many do like me