Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVgo purchases Recargo/Plugshare

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For $25m. Seems like a bargain. Hopefully the plugshare app can remain charging network agnostic. But if not, others like openchargemap can take its place.

Thanks for pointing out the news. I like Recargo's work. I too hope this means investment and expansion rather than narrowing focus to try to build a fenced garden.

The words in the press release sound very promising (though of course they are what is typically said, and non-binding), as does the fact that Wild is staying on to lead the subsidiary.

(I met Nick at a charging station near me about a decade ago; he moved away but we crossed paths electronically a few times - and in person in LA once - and I was always pleased to hear what he was doing).

I fear that's the beginning of the end of an era. Oh well. All good things must eventually end.
I always wondered how they made it last so long. I could never see any profit in it for them.
I hope Brian and Nick made out well for all of their valuable contributions making oil-free transportation easier for us all.

Reactions: RTPEV
plugshare is the app that highlights how much of a bad job EVGo have been doing at keeping their chargers running
Can't see that continuing to happen
Unless they can figure out how to loop the outage notifications back - but they'd have to care about them first ;)

Reactions: RTPEV