Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exactly $63 more a month for MY"P", do it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My TSA just did numbers yesterday for my trade and turns out it's only $63 more a month to go Performance on a MY. Same color scheme. Same $0 down.

Just worried about those Ubers and our Toronto roads.

Any MYP peeps have any feedback ?

Have to decide today lol

My TSA just did numbers yesterday for my trade and turns out it's only $63 more a month to go Performance on a MY. Same color scheme. Same $0 down.

Just worried about those Ubers and our Toronto roads.

Any MYP peeps have any feedback ?

Have to decide today lol
Do it. Worst case, you can trade/sell those rims for something else. You won’t regret the extra quickness!

Reactions: Vawlkus
Upvote 0
Do it. Worst case, you can trade/sell those rims for something else. You won’t regret the extra quickness!
Doesn't that defeat the purpose, changing the rims lol ? I like the look of them but why the f Tesla went with that type of rubber that has zero protection against curbing etc.
The Michelins are "a little" better than the Pirelli's they had but that's the one thing stopping me, spending MORE money to change tires or try and sell/trade.

Thanks tho @Smytty - cheers

Reactions: Smytty and Vawlkus
Upvote 0
Just don't hit a curb 🤷
Not worried about that, worried about every day driving with potholes and turning up a driveway

There’s no rim protection at all even with the change to the Michelins - the “pulled-in” rubber is so dumb. Proper rubber would solve all this like YouTuber @TommyGarage or whatever his name is. He did it right.

But it should cost you more money. Tesla needs to address this for their Performance line.

Upvote 0
Consider:
  1. Will you actually use the “performance” aspects after you get it out of your system in say 30-days?
  2. You will go through tires more quickly and replacements will cost more
This is true to both. The jumping on the peddle probably never get sick of, one thing I like about Teslas is that pep.

But again, those rims. Be paranoid and not spending at dime more to get proper rubber so that’s holding me back.

Inside they look the same - should’ve made carbon fiber throughout the inside or something to differentiate

Probably stick to LR even tho the 4K difference is waving in my face

Upvote 0
Still have your M3P ? How were/are those rims holding up?
Yes and they’re still perfect, but my use-case is not the norm; my M3P is not my daily driver, when I do drive it to work my commute is very short, and I don’t normally take it on long trips.

Personally, I’d go the P route and swap rims if the roads around me were that bad, but my considerations include wanting the fastest spec, period. Many people would argue the difference is minor or not worth it, but that doesn’t matter to me; faster is faster; can’t add modifications to make it faster. (Talking about significant power increases from stock like adding a blower or turbo to an ICE, not the Acceleration Boost for LR models.)

Considering you’re on the fence getting a P, I’m guessing you have an enthusiast side and a practical side. The enthusiast side will regret not getting a P.

If practicality is more of a concern, get an LR. If you want the fastest available model, get a P.

Upvote 0
If you are so worried about the rims getting damaged why not get rim guards that’s what I did for my MYP
CDDBB16E-A031-49A4-A7E6-C233EBDD90A3.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Rekognize
Upvote 0
I have a model 3 performance I picked up in June and it only took 4 days to damage the 2 20” uberturbines on the passenger side thanks to a pothole. It also gashed both tires. So my advice would be if you were going to swap the tires (which is what I was thinking about doing) do it right away lol. I’ve since put 18s on and the ride is much less punishing and I’m not as worried about the potholes.

Reactions: TezlaTO
Upvote 0