Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exception Speed Limits displayed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DCGOO

Supporting Member
Nov 24, 2015
Indianapolis, IN
I have had 2020.4.1 for a couple of weeks now (HW 2.5). Yesterday I did a full factory reset to see if that would help correct a couple of idiosyncrasies I was having (it didn't). But now I am getting a new badge, under the speed limit sign that comes and goes as I enter a reduced speed limit, like a School Zone. It goes away when I leave the School Zone. It is actually kind of a handy reminder. I searched through the manual and the release notes, but I cannot find this feature mentioned anywhere. Seems significant enough to mention it somewhere.

My wife's Model 3 (HW3) is also on 2020.4.1, but does NOT show anything extra with the speed limit sign. I may factory reset the Model 3 to see if I get the same, but it really is painful to do that.

Anyone else notice the same thing?

speedo.jpg

Attachments

• speedo.jpg
    speedo.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: frank-datank
I have had 2020.4.1 for a couple of weeks now (HW 2.5). Yesterday I did a full factory reset to see if that would help correct a couple of idiosyncrasies I was having (it didn't). But now I am getting a new badge, under the speed limit sign that comes and goes as I enter a reduced speed limit, like a School Zone. It goes away when I leave the School Zone. It is actually kind of a handy reminder. I searched through the manual and the release notes, but I cannot find this feature mentioned anywhere. Seems significant enough to mention it somewhere.

My wife's Model 3 (HW3) is also on 2020.4.1, but does NOT show anything extra with the speed limit sign. I may factory reset the Model 3 to see if I get the same, but it really is painful to do that.

Anyone else notice the same thing?

View attachment 510223

Good find. Compare all the autopilot settings between the cars before resetting the second. Perhaps a setting you had before prevented it. I have HW3 (Model x) and not seen that.

Good find. Compare all the autopilot settings between the cars before resetting the second. Perhaps a setting you had before prevented it. I have HW3 (Model x) and not seen that.

I did factory reset my HW3 Model 3. The school zone reduced speed limits did appear, just like on my HW2.5 Model X, however for only a brief time. They have now disappeared on the Model3, and I cannot get them back. But they are still working reliably on my 2.5 X. BTH outa me! I am guessing it is a work in progress, and will roll out in future software, and guessing it is not really supposed to be there just yet.

I am still in the very long line waiting for the HW3 computer for my X.

Maybe it is working based on time and that's why @DCGOO has seen it come and go. ;)

Yeah, I thought about that too, and that might be the case. Right now though, the badge appears on the 2.5 Model X any time of the day or night. The 3.0 Model3 worked for a while yesterday, but has dropped out completely, regardless of time of day.

Shouldn't work on time. The sign by my local schools read "25 MPH when children are present". That means the 25 mph is in effect when kids are at a school dance on Saturday night, or walking to school at 8 AM Monday morning.

Many school zone signs around where I drive look like this. No, they don't apply to Saturday night school dances (other then common sense to slow down). They don't apply to Summer time when school is out as well.

unnamed.jpg

Many school zone signs around where I drive look like this. No, they don't apply to Saturday night school dances (other then common sense to slow down). They don't apply to Summer time when school is out as well.

View attachment 510852

They would be changing those times every year by me. The high school has goes early T and Thur (7:50 last year, 8:00) this year, 7:40 MWF. The elementary school down the streets starts at 7:35. We have to print a schedule every year. I think that is part of the reason why the added they "When children are present".

The other reason is then the cops can give drivers those very expensive tickets ($479-$1480) because they did not see those kids working out or running laps around the track at the football stadium at 4 PM.

Here is what ours look like. The "when children are present" may be a statewide thing since this example is from 300 miles from me.

220px-SchoolZone-SpeedLimitSignAndLight.JPG

Last edited: