Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Expectations: 2014 Model S P110+ SuperSport

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read somewhere in a forum where a guy stated that the awd tesla S will be in sale from February and that the 2wd tesla s will be discontinued in September ?? And that there wil be new features on the S as head up display,distronic, soft close doors and cameras instead of side mirrors...
the acceleration for the performance S 4wd was estimated to 3,3 s and for the tesla x 3,4s ???
the new car was going on sale 12 of feb he stated and delivery in September ...
is this bs ???

Not B.S. Just someone's fantasies...

Scroll down to bottom of article and one sees this:

000source.jpg

I believe we are witnessing a circular reference; I have not seen any definitive mention by any Tesla personnel of an AWD Model S timeframe. I think this whole "SuperSport" thing was whipped up in this TMC forum.

Then what is the real thing? 2014 Model S P110+ SuperSport produced in 2015?
Non existent. There is no real thing...yet. Tesla has said that awd model s definitely won't happen until after the x. That doesn't mean it will for sure happen after the x either. It's playing with words. People here took that play with words and fantasized about it. That article references this forum as its source. So yes, it's a fantasy, our fantasy, being reported back to us.

Non existent. There is no real thing...yet. Tesla has said that awd model s definitely won't happen until after the x. That doesn't mean it will for sure happen after the x either. It's playing with words. People here took that play with words and fantasized about it. That article references this forum as its source. So yes, it's a fantasy, our fantasy, being reported back to us.

Ok. Hope that the fantasy and the dreams will come true soon.

Here it is:

DailyTech - Elon Musk Offers Details on Tesla Model X Crossover, Plans AWD Model S

Speaking of AWD, the Model S will receive AWD as an option once the Model X goes into production.

That is a lot different that then P110 supersport ++ that you mentioned. I heard that interview, and he said that they would have a Model S offering in AWD after the release of the Model X, and there was not any dates linked to the statement, and there was not any larger pack or higher power associated with that comment either.

I think some people type first and then think afterwards (I have always understood your English). My understanding is that Elon has not actually said that an AWD S would go into production - there have been hints but nothing actually confirmed.

I'm certain that Tesla will introduce an AWD Model S, and that Tesla will add a larger battery size. I'm equally certain that Tesla isn't going to announce any of these upgrades until they are ready to start taking reservations for them, which means after the Model X has gone into production. Tesla is wisely avoiding the "Osborne effect" of pre-announcing an upgrade too soon.

My understanding is that Elon has not actually said that an AWD S would go into production - there have been hints but nothing actually confirmed.
He has not said it but he does not have to say it - it is only logical.
It is not about IF, it is about WHEN.
AWD model S will happen when production starts to catch up with demand if not sooner.

Then why is this thread dedicated to the 2014 Model S P110+ SuperSport? Only a rumor?

The 'Supersport S AWD' has been speculated/hoped for by many people. The thought is that Tesla would produce a limited number of AWD model S vehicles with larger battery packs that were capable of 0-60mph in 3 seconds or less. This car would be priced well above the existing model S giving Tesla Motors a larger gross margin per vehicle that would help them continue to grow cash for the Gigafactory and/or accelerate the introduction of the model E. It is by no means a certainty. I still believe we will see such a vehicle before the X is introduced but I could be wrong.