Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Expected features missing on new Model X! Included premium package not included!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed features missing from what was ordered? I was so happy to finally receive my MX that I never even thought to check that it might not include the features I ordered but after making sure I looked over and reported the fit and finish issues which were minor, I realized I had no tow hitch! I had not seen my self presenting driver door either but I had figured that was a setting issue...but I looked and no setting for it! As far as I recall that was part of the premium package which when I ordered my premium paint and premium white seats I was happy to discover was included. Except, they didn’t make it into the car! I then started to dig a bit. I looked for the biohazard...no screen option, cold weather package, no way to enable heating of rear seats, premium audio, heated wipers, how do I tell if what I ordered was delivered! I realized my documents like purchase order don’t really detail this stuff out. I looked at my window sticker. The tow package is listed but none of the other stuff! Clearly the sticker did not reflect the build but other than the fact that the current design studio still shows these things as included, I have no way without a screenshot of the design studio at my purchase date of July 6 to prove those things were included. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions or similar issues? My sales rep and sc are not quite sure how to proceed. I am concerned the design studio front end may have been out of Sync with the factory order system and a bait and switch ensued! Not saying it was purposeful but I am missing a bunch of features I believe I paid for but did not receive. Some should be easy to fix like tow hitch and self-presenting doors, but 7 heated seats?

Was this a NEW car order? If yes, all those options are now standard features, even the premium upgrade package. If you bought an Inventory car, perhaps not. It depends on when it was built. But the towing package has been standard for quite a while.

I don't know how you can double check if you have the hardware installed for all that (maybe visible extra wires beneath the second row seats, finding the big air filter, etc.), maybe others here can shine on this. I hope this is only a software miss-match that an update can fix. Keep us posted!

Was this a NEW car order? If yes, all those options are now standard features, even the premium upgrade package. If you bought an Inventory car, perhaps not. It depends on when it was built. But the towing package has been standard for quite a while.
It was a new custom car order placed July 6 and build Aug 2018. I am pretty sure all those things were included but don't have any proof as they were not reflected in the bill of sale or window sticker (other than the tow package).

What is printed on your "Order Agreement" document on your Tesla page? Mine shows all the features I purchased or that came standard on my X.
Only Tow Package is included. But that is my point. Tow package is also on the window sticker...but it didn't make it into the car. I was pretty sure those other things were included from cold weather package to bioweapon defense, but not on sticker and not on car...what is the definitive document and if you say order agreement, we know already that is incorrect in the towing package area. The design studio may have been out fo sync with the factory order placement!

I don't know how you can double check if you have the hardware installed for all that (maybe visible extra wires beneath the second row seats, finding the big air filter, etc.), maybe others here can shine on this. I hope this is only a software miss-match that an update can fix. Keep us posted!
Will keep you posted. If no one has been snapshotting the design studio, at least I was hoping that someone who ordered in my timeframe of July 6 may chime in and either their memory is better to confirm/deny that premium package was included and whether theirs was delivered or not. Some should be simple sofware fixes...e.g.,self presenting doors.

The tow hitch is hidden behind a plastic cover underneath the bumper. You need to get down on your hands and knees with a flash light. You should see a small vanity panel held on with 4 fasteners. Need a small screw driver to pry them open. You should find the hitch connector there, as well as the plug sockets to hook up your trailer lights etc. Tesla hides their socket to clean up the aerodynamics and cosmetics of the vehicle. Pretty classy.
The actual hitch receiver is a strange looking heavy metal gizmo that plugs into a socket. Mine was in a logo'd black bag about the size of a toaster in the frunk.

Hope you find it there.

The biohazard with large HEPA filter is now standard on all the Model X as are the rest of the items previously on the premium package.

Would be worth a stop into a service center, or perhaps even having a Ranger come out and check these thing out.

I recalled that switch happened in July, because I was considering buying, but then waited until Sept. It seemed that PUP was standard for X/S in or around July 20th. If you ordered on the 6th, it was not included.

Tesla updates Model S and Model X options, makes premium features standard and increases base price

This. I had a quote before and after the change. They removed the PUP as a option and all future buyers have to purchase it as a standard option. It was added to the base price.

I recalled that switch happened in July, because I was considering buying, but then waited until Sept. It seemed that PUP was standard for X/S in or around July 20th. If you ordered on the 6th, it was not included.

Tesla updates Model S and Model X options, makes premium features standard and increases base price
Okay, perfect. This looks like the explanation. I was so busy at the time, flipping back and forth between X, S, used S with rumble seats, used X, and helping others configure model 3s, that I must have missed the exact configuration. The features other than hitch were not critical to me and I was trying to keep the cost controlled so when I later looked back and saw they were included n/c I was pleasantly surprised but didn't realize it had changed. I was mostly concerned about pulling the trigger before unlimited supercharging went away and pulled it right after lifetime LTE went away. Glad there was a definitive answer out there - I know Tesla has been rapidly changing things around and I didn't want to get burned by some configuration mistake.

I ordered my X on July 13th with Free Supercharging and better financing, Free Supercharging was supposed to end on July 15th... from July 16th they made the PUP standard, i was bummed about that, because in Switzerland cold weather package would have been nice.. at the point where i ordered it was 5500.- more, that was to much for me.
So you definitely ordered before the change came