Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended Warranty Option In App Gone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm at 48k and the extended warranty option is gone in the app. It says I no longer qualify. Prior it said I had to get before 50k. I was going to go with xcelerate anyway based on posts here. Still debating on extending it to 100k or 125k. I have free supercharging, so leaning on the 125k.

Curious if Tesla changed their extended warranty again. Tried calling someone, but it's so hard to talk to a human unless you go to the store.

I'm at 48k and the extended warranty option is gone in the app. It says I no longer qualify. Prior it said I had to get before 50k. I was going to go with xcelerate anyway based on posts here. Still debating on extending it to 100k or 125k. I have free supercharging, so leaning on the 125k.

Curious if Tesla changed their extended warranty again. Tried calling someone, but it's so hard to talk to a human unless you go to the store.
Hey X-Man, Tesla did change their coverage option to only offer a 2year/25k miles extension. Check out our reviews on this forum, and our website at www.xcelerateauto.com/xcare for options and details. Cheers, Brent @ XCare EV Protection

Reactions: ngng and RNHurt
Hey X-Man, Tesla did change their coverage option to only offer a 2year/25k miles extension. Check out our reviews on this forum, and our website at www.xcelerateauto.com/xcare for options and details. Cheers, Brent @ XCare EV Protection
I used X-Care and Brent for my 2016 X that I eventually sold with 96k miles. They worked out very well and prices were competitive. I had half shafts, control arm, AC compressor, door sensors, battery heater pump etc. The only challenge was getting someone on the phone to pay the bill when you go to pick up the car at the end of the day. In this case if you pay they will reimburse you (about 2 weeks to get the check). I bought a 2021 with 15k miles, I will reach out when my warranty expiration approaches.

I used X-Care and Brent for my 2016 X that I eventually sold with 96k miles. They worked out very well and prices were competitive. I had half shafts, control arm, AC compressor, door sensors, battery heater pump etc. The only challenge was getting someone on the phone to pay the bill when you go to pick up the car at the end of the day. In this case if you pay they will reimburse you (about 2 weeks to get the check). I bought a 2021 with 15k miles, I will reach out when my warranty expiration approaches.
It was great serving you, and looking forward to helping with your new ride! Brent @ XCare

@X-Care EV any news on the battery program?
The program is fully developed, and now we are in administration in the various states to get approval for our new contract. Many people can benefit now from XCare who would not benefit from the battery and drive unit coverage, such as those who have 2015s or older Teslas (which will not be included in the program), or those whose term would not take them outside of the factory 8 year warranty. For those people, the time to get XCare is now, before the price rise with the new coverage.
www.xcelerateauto.com/xcare for more info. Brent @ XCare

Reactions: ngng
We just pulled the trigger on the extended warranty for our 2018 x with just under 60k miles. We plan on keeping it for another 3-4 years. Feel free to use my referral code for an extra $100 off.

sh50ab69​

I’m at 44k miles with around 5 months of original warranty left. The Tesla app extended warranty option also shows my car as “no longer qualify”. What was weird is I was able to see it as an option a couple months ago. I was leaning towards XCare anyways, but I guess Tesla is eager to make as many cars ineligible as quickly as possible.

Sorry to resurrect this dated thread but something interests me in this post. In the bolded text above you are describing several items that are NOT part of the drive train or battery system but you are saying X-Care covered these? X-Care does not offer coverage for anything other than the Battery and Drive Unit that I can see from their website.

Can you or @XCare EV expand on this? Am I missing something? Or did X-Care only cover part of your repair costs?

Sorry to resurrect this dated thread but something interests me in this post. In the bolded text above you are describing several items that are NOT part of the drive train or battery system but you are saying X-Care covered these? X-Care does not offer coverage for anything other than the Battery and Drive Unit that I can see from their website.

Can you or @XCare EV expand on this? Am I missing something? Or did X-Care only cover part of your repair costs?
Hey @UserAnon99

Great question and we absolutely cover thousands of components beyond battery and drive unit. TigerTan named a few but more info on the other parts covered can be found here: XCare EV Protection (under XCare Premium)
We also cover the cost for the repairs made under the warranty as well.

Feel free to reach out or fill out for a quote on our website and someone will be in touch to walk you through all the options for your specific Tesla and driving habits.

Thanks for checking in and highlighting this question for the group.

-Team XCare

• Informative
Reactions: UserAnon99
Hey @UserAnon99

Great question and we absolutely cover thousands of components beyond battery and drive unit. TigerTan named a few but more info on the other parts covered can be found here: XCare EV Protection (under XCare Premium)
We also cover the cost for the repairs made under the warranty as well.

Feel free to reach out or fill out for a quote on our website and someone will be in touch to walk you through all the options for your specific Tesla and driving habits.

Thanks for checking in and highlighting this question for the group.

-Team XCare

Quick follow up question. As you know the Battery and Drive Unit have much longer warranties than the rest of the car. Do you all offer something that covers the other things but NOT the Battery and DU? Reason being, if I have let's say a few years left on that warranty it doesn't make a great deal of sense to extend it since Tesla covers those two critical components, but we Tesla owners may want to extend the warranty on the other parts of the vehicle for instance separate from that?

I'm guessing I'm out of luck on that since it looks like Premium covers everything, but thought I'd ask anyways.

Quick follow up question. As you know the Battery and Drive Unit have much longer warranties than the rest of the car. Do you all offer something that covers the other things but NOT the Battery and DU? Reason being, if I have let's say a few years left on that warranty it doesn't make a great deal of sense to extend it since Tesla covers those two critical components, but we Tesla owners may want to extend the warranty on the other parts of the vehicle for instance separate from that?

I'm guessing I'm out of luck on that since it looks like Premium covers everything, but thought I'd ask anyways.
We know the warranty for the battery and DU, so the pricing does not reflect coverage on the battery if you purchase a term that does not go past the 8 year point. That is the reason why there is a larger increase in term cost for terms that take you past the 8 year factory battery warranty.

Reactions: UserAnon99