TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Extended warranty

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Hezi, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Hezi

Hezi Member

Aug 13, 2014
    New Jersey
    Such a disappointment... I am taking delivery in 5 weeks. I wanted to buy the 4 year extended warranty (basically 8 years upfront) in advance. I read somewhere on the forums here about owners that had issues with cars that totaled. I asked my Tesla rep and he told me absolutely no refund under any circumstance. If my car is going to be stolen, of totaled during the initial warranty, I paid for something I will never be able to enjoy and Tesla will not refund me the money.

This suck! I am a believer in warranty and so far, it always served me right. Tesla can cancel the extended warranty any time they choose to or bump up the price significantly. I figure a lot can go wrong in 8 years and so far, the ownership experience is 2.5 year old (correct me if I'm wrong).

I am on the fence. Shall I take the chance and buy additional warranty toward the end of the original one, or buy in advance?

What did you do?

- - - Updated - - -

how do I delete this tread?
  2. mark

mark Member

Sep 8, 2012
    I have read where they have allowed transfer to a new Model s - I would email ownership and see if you get a more reasonable response. (I bought the extended warranty)