Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

External Filter and cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,
So i've seen these air intake covers on Amazon & Ebay that apparenly stop leaves getting sucked in under the edge of the bonnet (near the wipers), so I decided to go ahead an purchase one as they are quite cheap.

Unfortulnately as you can see in the photo, Tesla must have changed the shape in the latest version of the Model 3 as the cover is pointed to one side rather than squared off. I've also seen on Amazon & Ebay a few sellers also offering an actual filter to go into the duct shown in the photo.

Has anyone actually had any issues with leaves getting into this duct please, or anynoe fitted a filter in here?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20201030_1339328[15694].jpg
    IMG_20201030_1339328[15694].jpg
    519.3 KB · Views: 103
USA/UK are different shapes - make sure you buy left/right hand drive appropriate to your market
Thanks Traguar, I believe you are correct, I did think I had the older Model 3 but was told to check if the USB ports are Type-C (which they are) so i’m guessing that the UK has a different shape duct than the USA.

I’ll have a look around for the older style cover.