Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eye Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Almost" a new Tesla owner, but I have a very worrisome issue regarding Autopilot and FSS Beta which I plan on subscribing to once my MY LR is delivered within the next month. Without going into details, I have two eyes. The problem is I can only use my left eye, my right eye is staring off into space to the right. Is this going to make the cabin camera assume I am not paying attention and knock me off AP/FSD? (I am assuming that AP will be using the cabin camera for driver monitoring). Nobody at Tesla can answer this, hoping someone here can help.
FWIW, I have vision out of my right eye, but my brain shuts off the visual info from my right eye.

I think you should take a test drive to check this out. I think it’s a 50-50 bet honestly.

Here’s an article that came out when the cabin camera was first activated. I assume Tesla is even better at tracking now, but look at some of the categories from the pic below like “Driver Eyes Up” and “Driver Looking Right/Left.” It seems there is a % guess of where the eyes are focused.

But what happens when the eyes seem to be focused in different places? That’s anyone’s guess!

Check Out How Tesla's In-Cabin Camera Analyses Your Face

1658036633652.jpeg

Upvote 0
I think you should take a test drive to check this out. I think it’s a 50-50 bet honestly.

Here’s an article that came out when the cabin camera was first activated. I assume Tesla is even better at tracking now, but look at some of the categories from the pic below like “Driver Eyes Up” and “Driver Looking Right/Left.” It seems there is a % guess of where the eyes are focused.

But what happens when the eyes seem to be focused in different places? That’s anyone’s guess!

Check Out How Tesla's In-Cabin Camera Analyses Your Face

View attachment 829383
Is that really a frame from the cabin camera ? It’s a bit shocking...I didn’t realize that it’s hi def and all occupants are in full view

Upvote 0
Is that really a frame from the cabin camera ? It’s a bit shocking...I didn’t realize that it’s hi def and all occupants are in full view
The original purpose of the interior camera was to allow you to monitor all the occupants in your Robortaxi in case they were misbehaving. That way you can see everyone riding in your Roboitaxi. I'm going out on a limb and say that didn't happen.:oops: It is now being repurposed ("Deep Eyes" 🤣🤣) to monitor the driver's eyes for paying attention.

• Funny
Reactions: Ramphex
Upvote 0
So Tesla has our faces and eyes and account details....it kind of makes a mockery of facial or retina recognition as a safe way to access your devices etc
No Tesla does NOT. No images or personal information leaves the car. It is the car's computer that is monitoring your eyes and deciding if you are in compliance.

Upvote 0