Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory OEM SiriusXM nearly working in Tesla 2022 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick update: I have completed my install of the C tuner in my 2022 M3 LR (Intel model). Worked like a charm. Once I rebooted the car, the SXM option showed up. My only minor complain is that the signal cuts easily underneath obstacles unlike my other car. No big deal, but it's like it doesn't have the usual 3 second buffer that is usually offered on most SXM tuners.

Here are the 2 accessories I have used with my C tuner:

FAKRA adapter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07252FDFD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
SXM antenna: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HRCTD0G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks again for all your efforts. I am a happy camper.

PS: Although a minor detail, it also works with Canadian subscription like mine

My only minor complain is that the signal cuts easily underneath obstacles unlike my other car. No big deal, but it's like it doesn't have the usual 3 second buffer that is usually offered on most SXM tuners.

are you saying it drops out just as you're driving down the highway and go under an overpass, for example?

i have the same issue if i'm sitting under an overpass at a traffic light, but just going underneath overpasses on the highway doesn't cause it to drop (even though if i look at the signal meter as i go under the overpass i can see the signal drop briefly)...

are you saying it drops out just as you're driving down the highway and go under an overpass, for example?

i have the same issue if i'm sitting under an overpass at a traffic light, but just going underneath overpasses on the highway doesn't cause it to drop (even though if i look at the signal meter as i go under the overpass i can see the signal drop briefly)...

I just finished the install so I can't comment on that aspect yet. I've the signal cut near tall trees, but that's it. Once again, not something that would happen normally with another tuner.

Either way, I highly recommend.

Quick update: I have completed my install of the C tuner in my 2022 M3 LR (Intel model). Worked like a charm. Once I rebooted the car, the SXM option showed up. My only minor complain is that the signal cuts easily underneath obstacles unlike my other car. No big deal, but it's like it doesn't have the usual 3 second buffer that is usually offered on most SXM tuners.

Here are the 2 accessories I have used with my C tuner:

FAKRA adapter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07252FDFD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
SXM antenna: Amazon.com

Thanks again for all your efforts. I am a happy camper.

PS: Although a minor detail, it also works with Canadian subscription like mine

You didn’t use an also use an adapter to convert the single fakra to dual?

Finally got my jumper wires and hooked up the second FM amplifier.
View attachment 833930View attachment 833931

I stuck on one station and tested the signal strength. I noticed about a 30% increase in quality (or 30% decrease of noise) with the second FM amplifier. The length of the jumpers didn't affect this, though for simplicity I recommend getting 11" jumpers or a bit longer (I had to use two 9" jumper wires).

I drove around on a bumpy road so I know the rats nest of extra wires don't make any noise... yet.

View attachment 833932

I used a single cable tie from a huge kit of them to keep the wires in place. Not worth it but whatever.

I didn't take a photo of this but I used the bottom bolt of the two right bolts to mount the amplifier. I reccomend using a washer though since the amplifier rotates with the bolt, doh!

I get all the fm signals I should in my area per this website, with 3/4 of the distant channels not showing up.

I checked my latest software update for the SiriusXM commands:

View attachment 833933

Still the same message. One day...
Is the fm amplifier a Tesla part or something you can purchase anywhere?

Is the fm amplifier a Tesla part or something you can purchase anywhere?
Indeed it's a super common Tesla model 3 part (1079735-00-A) you can buy on ebay for cheap. I'm pretty sure if you wanted to skip it and solder up some jumper wires to a fakra connector, that you don't even need the amp to get the increased fm signal. I didn't look very hard for a bare connector and I already had the amplifier so that's why I didn't go that direction.

IMG_20220725_2020353.jpgIMG_20220725_2020530.jpg

Bonus images of inside the fm amp, since we're on the subject.