Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fair tug of war?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this is the CLOSEST to fair comparison. Although there are still so many variables as you have pointed out.
Also the crew cab raptor has a curb weight of 5,697 and the highest weight model x curb weight is 5,531.
So the raptor has a 167lbs weight advantage.

The raptor also appears to have a wider contact patch, possibly more traction.

I think the main thing we can gather from this video is that the Cybertruck will pull any half ton ICE truck.
That is not a raptor in the video with the x

What makes you say that?
He doesn't say it’s a raptor? I think it’s a f150 with wheel well flairs and a paint on the tailgate to make it look like a raptor. Can’t see the blue Fox shocks in the wheel wells, lower front bumper on a raptor is different and when the rear tires spin only one spins, raptor has a different rear diff and drive train then the rest of the f150s. Also on the video of him talking inside the truck the steering wheel of a raptor looks much different. Also I can’t imagine someone who did the raptor sticker delete putting those gaudy crappy wheels/tires on. There are at least 6 raptors that are in the pick up line at my kids school every day of various years and it just dosnt look like a f150 Raptor. Although with a raptor I don’t think the results would have been any different. Lastly he should have put it in low range.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
And this is what I mean about theory meeting reality. There are huge number of factors that affect the outcome of a truck pull, and here we have an example of both 4x4 and weight being shown to NOT be determining factors in EV vs. ICE.
That's true, you can see how the MX is being pulled down, so the effective weight on the rear tires must be massive, and clearly enough to pull the much heavier truck.

That's true, you can see how the MX is being pulled down, so the effective weight on the rear tires must be massive, and clearly enough to pull the much heavier truck.

Edited:. You were being sarcastic. REALLY hard to tell without looking at your post history!!! Please add "/s" to help those of us who lack a funny bone!

Last edited:
Those guys are so amazingly stupid and theatrical I couldn’t even make it through 1min. Seriously have the mental capacity of single celled organisms. My case: he thought the (faux) Raptor would do better because it had off road tires? On asphalt... he said 900 and something hp in the ford? Not even close, max 475 hp per Ford. Is it a F250 or F350? They keep going back and forth. How much does it weight should be straight forward? And mr shirt optional with the IQ of a gym bag can’t drive and knows nothing about trucks.

theae guys are everything wrong with the internet and who in their right mind would watch (or believe) this crap. I leave you with a famous quote in closing”

“what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul”

And this is what I mean about theory meeting reality. There are huge number of factors that affect the outcome of a truck pull, and here we have an example of both 4x4 and weight being shown to NOT be determining factors in EV vs. ICE.
That f150 probably weighs less than the x, although slightly. And they are both 4 wheel drive although vastly different systems. A pull like this comes down traction. And the x on performance summer toad tires vs a f150 on cheep, crappy MT tires on asphalt no contest. All that said the x won fair and square but the idiot in the f150 had no chance due to poor set up and clueless driving ability.

Those guys are so amazingly stupid and theatrical I couldn’t even make it through 1min. Seriously have the mental capacity of single celled organisms. My case: he thought the (faux) Raptor would do better because it had off road tires? On asphalt... he said 900 and something hp in the ford? Not even close, max 475 hp per Ford. Is it a F250 or F350? They keep going back and forth. How much does it weight should be straight forward? And mr shirt optional with the IQ of a gym bag can’t drive and knows nothing about trucks.

theae guys are everything wrong with the internet and who in their right mind would watch (or believe) this crap. I leave you with a famous quote in closing”

“what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul”

Just skip the acting and head straight to the 3 pulls near the middle of the video. Quoting Billy Madison, although appropos, doesn't beat the video evidence.

Listed weigh of an x is 5500 lbs. that f150 is closer to 5200 lbs possibly a little more but pretty safe to say under 5500 lbs. and based on the strap attachment the f150 is slightly pulling the rear of the x up and the x is pulling the f150 down

That f150 probably weighs less than the x, although slightly. And they are both 4 wheel drive although vastly different systems. A pull like this comes down traction. And the x on performance summer toad tires vs a f150 on cheep, crappy MT tires on asphalt no contest. All that said the x won fair and square but the idiot in the f150 had no chance due to poor set up and clueless driving ability.

F150 raptor supercab is 5500lbs. Them not knowing how to drive is probably a huge factor in the loss. But much like how the Dodge Demon loses drag races, 99% of the time, driver's skill (or lack thereof) is all that's available.

Reactions: coleAK
Just skip the acting and head straight to the 3 pulls near the middle of the video. Quoting Billy Madison, although appropos, doesn't beat the video evidence.
Ok I watched the entire video after The moron put his shirt on. The x is on ZR tires. And the tool box in the ford can’t drive. Also when they said put it in low range he didn’t. Put the x on LT tires at 65+ psi and the ford on ZR tires and the ford would win. Also all this is extremely dangerous as they are not using a bubba rope and I’m not sure there is a point on the x rated to 14k lbs. so a “failure” could be fatal.

F150 raptor supercab is 5500lbs. Them not knowing how to drive is probably a huge factor in the loss. But much like how the Dodge Demon loses drag races, 99% of the time, driver's skill (or lack thereof) is all that's available.
I’m 99% sure That is not a raptor. It’s a fauxRaptor an f150 with a lift, cheep wheels/tires and painted fender flairs and rear gate. Can’t see the blue fox shocks that are visible In a raptor, interior is different in a raptor (Recaros, centerline, alcantara,...), lower front bumper on a raptor is different. And lastly I’m guessing that there is no way someone that would put cheep gaudy wheels and tires on would be low key enough to do the sticker delete.